Media General Gaming Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIDDICK

Super Freak
Reaction score
There are thing that I bet we all wanna talk about but don't have threads for.
So yeah, let this be a dumpster for thoughts.

. . .

Everything wrong with video games industry. Part 17

My frustration with current gaming is too much story and not enough game play. I really don't want to sit through 10 mins of a bad "movie" just to start playing. I miss the days where you could just pop in a game and immediately start playing and not have to install a half a gig of updates.

I'd rather get root canal than ever watch a gaming awards show. The industry is so jaded with paid off reviews, and fans that believe games and creators are above criticism.

There are thing that I bet we all wanna talk about but don't have threads for.
So yeah, let this be a dumpster for thoughts.

. . .

Everything wrong with video games industry. Part 17

"**** the oscars"

The loot crates bit

and Trending Gamer bit...

My frustration with current gaming is too much story and not enough game play. I really don't want to sit through 10 mins of a bad "movie" just to start playing. I miss the days where you could just pop in a game and immediately start playing and not have to install a half a gig of updates.

That's why I have such an affinity for Nintendo games lately. I know Mario Odyssey isn't this edgy gritty cinematic game...but it's a fun game that I can just turn on and play. At the end of my work day, I want to just sit my ass down and play a game rather then sit through endless cutscenes of mocap'd faces looking angry and sad.

Video games and their stories are getting more and more melodramatic and lazy with their writing. I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn right now, and I love the game...but I've been avoiding the last stretch of story missions because I find the story pretty dull with no interesting characters whatsoever. I just want to shoot Robo-monsters and explore the environment, so that's what I'm doing.

There's lots of different types of games out there, not all of them have long serious stories.
I'm finding that I'm enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles 2, closest I've gotten to a JRPG is Final Fantasy, so it's a bit weird--I'm not a fan of the anime style but I'm enjoying the game despite that, mostly because of the game world. Though if you hate cutscenes then it's not the game for you, they are very long.

How big is industry's racial diversity problem? (c) BBC

Freaking cringe. I mean, who the hell cares if there's not enough African or Indian people represented?! 99,9% of them don't even play video games... And Asian market has it's own independent industry, which of course is never brough up to the discussion. This is so ****in' dumb and distasteful, ARGH!

P.S. If you're not a Mongoloid Asian, I apologise for this highly insulting generalization

P.P.S.
Spoiler Spoiler:

And they're doing that with the new Star Trek too, right? I don't understand why people need to be represented when the demo is White by a HUGE margin with a gross number of these franchises.

Like, Mafia 3's main character was Black... like what?

And they're doing that with the new Star Trek too, right?
If you mean new TV show then it's not even worth mentioning.
It's a **** show that will be forgotten, just like STE.

They're doin' it with Star Wars tho. Big time.
Did you know that Han has a black wife?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Like, Mafia 3's main character was Black... like what?
The funny thing is... he's not even black.
Actor's name is Hernandez.

latest

If you mean new TV show then it's not even worth mentioning.
It's a **** show that will be forgotten, just like STE.

They're doin' it with Star Wars tho. Big time.
Did you know that Han has a black wife?

Spoiler Spoiler:

The funny thing is... he's not even black.
Actor's name is Hernandez.

latest

I can't find it, but there was a meme of all the Black Women in gaming recently and they all look exactly the same with giant fros.

Marvel has been pushing their agenda for years in comics, and now it's the "thing" to do. Who honestly appreciates this crap?

I've hated for years that Fury is now Black.

Make. New. Characters.

Stop flushing continuity away to pander.

Oh and Iceman is Gay :lol Why?

No one even reads comics Marvel comics anymore. They're sales have been dipping lower and lower over the last decade or more. You got dicks on here that make fun of Anime and Manga... but those continue push subjects to the limit with sexuality, violence and trauma... while they continue praising the amount of garbage CBMs out there. I haven't read a whole hellva lot of Manga, but I don't think there was ever an instance of it being accused of pandering, so correct me if I'm wrong. The readers are mostly Japanese, so of course, almost all the characters are such. Star Wars has always been geared toward White nerds. Lando was just a new character that seamlessly blended into the fold, he wasn't forced... so to speak.

Western progressives have to ruin everything in media. It's never about inclusion, it's about recognition of "hey look what we put in the movie!" It always has to have attention drawn to it.

Last edited:
Pandering to a demographic is more distracting honestly.

Logically... why is everyone in Star Wars white? We're not tied to a region, we're in ****ing space... are you telling me this universe mostly just contains euro skinned people? Same goes for the whole jedis only being male until now on the big screen.

None of the 'progressive' stuff in Star Wars is why they're even bad anyways... that's a whole other issue.

Japanese media is way less afraid of making their main characters not japanese/asian... but Hollywood? Forget it.

Stuff like Female Thor and **** is annoying though.

Last edited:
I just said that Lando was fine as a character. He was just a new character added. You just said it, it's distracting when they need to draw attention to it.

I just find race swapping established characters is the biggest offense.

Oh and there was female Jedi in the PT...

I never understood why SW is being aimed at women now given they don't watch that crap by and large.

I agree I hate when they change character's sex/race.

And I honestly barely remember **** from PT.

There was some jobber female Jedi in it. I kinda remember that in the dumb coliseum battle in AOTC.

Oh I also just remembered there was a bit more diverseness in the PT. But like you said, you can't help but be distracted since it's always made to be a big deal.

Logically... why is everyone in Star Wars white?
Because Star Wars is based on oldschool US entertainment.

We're not tied to a region, we're in ****ing space...
are you telling me this universe mostly just contains euro skinned people?
Yes. Because Star Wars is based on oldschool US entertainment.

Same goes for the whole jedis only being male until now on the big screen.
There were female Jedi in PT.
They just weren't thrown in your face because they weren't main characters.
And if we go to EU there's plenty of female characters, good and evil, Jedi or not. All before PT.

None of the 'progressive' stuff in Star Wars is why they're even bad anyways...
It's still part of the problem with Disney stuff.

Japanese media is way less afraid of making their main characters not japanese/asian...
Only because their geek culture has weird adoration with West.
Even tho Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world.

Back