Need help for recommendations on Paint touch ups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene098

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need help from a pro on recommendations for paint touch ups.
I'm using the Tamiya acrylic flats, but I was wondering

After drying are the Tamiya paints well preserved in their own? (I've heard that they do fade fairly quickly)
Or should I use a coating of some kind to help with preservation?

-------
Also was wondering what kind material to use for cleaning off painting mistakes? (without damaging the underlying paint and statue)

I was thinking of using windex to wipe mistakes, I bought the "Original" brand, some of the other newer Windex brand say Ammonia free

From what Ive read, I'm assuming the reason most people recommend windex is because
For careful cleaning we want the Windex with ammonia?

-------

PS) I am trying to do repaints on the Sylvanas Wow statue.

Hi guys,

I need help from a pro on recommendations for paint touch ups.
I'm using the Tamiya acrylic flats, but I was wondering

After drying are the Tamiya paints well preserved in their own? (I've heard that they do fade fairly quickly)
Or should I use a coating of some kind to help with preservation?

-------
Also was wondering what kind material to use for cleaning off painting mistakes? (without damaging the underlying paint and statue)

I was thinking of using windex to wipe mistakes, I bought the "Original" brand, some of the other newer Windex brand say Ammonia free

From what Ive read, I'm assuming the reason most people recommend windex is because
For careful cleaning we want the Windex with ammonia?

-------

PS) I am trying to do repaints on the Sylvanas Wow statue.

Acrylic paints are water based so just wash it off with water if it’s still wet. It all depends on the original paint job how durable it is when being wiped if it will come off or not. I would recommend acrylic clear sealer in matte or gloss depending on what finish you want, model master makes some decent ones I use.

My experience is I repair and customize statues with brush and air brush.

Back