Figure reviewers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15061

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has any toy reviewers that they repeatedly check out/trust/enjoy watching? On the flip have any that you don't like?

Personally lean towards Shartemis Prime and Michael Crawford. Both have good insite to figure and figure line and seem like fans of what they review.

I don't give any reviewers much credence.

This hobby is too expensive to buy everything, so any reviewer that pays for their own stuff will only buy stuff they're pre-disposed to liking, so the review is going to be heavily slanted.

Other reviewers get their stuff for free, so of course they're going to like it.

If it’s text, I go with Crawford. He’s seen enough of everything, I enjoy his old school format, and he comes off as a guy I’d probably see eye-to-eye with on a lot of things — and that last part is the most important. You build trust with a reviewer over time. If you’re not jiving with what they’re putting down, it’s probably best to move on. That’s why I can’t stand media review sites that employe upwards of 40 different reviewers. For YouTube I like I Am Toys for the gorgeous video and charming anecdotes.

I enjoy D_Amazing's youtube videos ... they somehow hit that sweet spot the various Anthony, Shartimus etc don't. His choice of figures is right up my alley and he seems like a generally likeable guy.

Dislikes? I particularly dislike OAFE, the self-proclaimed best toy review site on the internet. They're the reviewing equivalent of McFarlane: maybe cutting edge twenty years ago, but nowadays? Lol.

My favorite has become The Review Spot by a long shot. He does a wide variety of collectibles, toys, subscription boxes, etc. and has good insights as well as a weird sense of humor that works for me. He also doesn’t shy away from criticism about what he’s reviewing. Plus he always has a plethora of new content coming. It seems like most days there’s at least a couple videos that go up if not more. I often find myself watching videos on his channel even for things I’m not particularly interested in because I like his style.

I like Shartimus Prime too but sort of fell out of watching his channel regularly. Dean Knight is good although for my tastes I sometimes find that his videos are a bit too long and he does multiple videos about the same figure which I find excessive.

Dean Knight and I Am Toys. It helps they generally review stuff I am interested in. I like seeing the figures in an environment I can relate to and not those bright white backgrounds or other similarly clinical set ups. Clipperking also one of the best when he does reviews which is sadly less often these days.

I avoid any videos that start off with "Yo!". I prefer videos where i cannot see the reviewer. I want to see the product, not a wannabe celeb. Overall, i prefer written reviews, such as Michael Crawford's which i always find fair and informative.

Back