Media Steam question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeClark

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Whats up guys,

So i have had steam for a long time, but have literally never seen a use for it, ive never used it for anything. A long time ago my friend said i should get it, so i did but never needed it for anything. Recently ive gotten into a nostalgic kick and am wanting to play some of my old school games like Battlefield 1942, but my delima is that i dont have a optical drive, so i cant install my old games that i have the CDs for.

My question is;

Can i type in the CD key that is on the game case into steam, and have that game be in my steam for me to install from steam?

thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
https://www.techist.com/forums/f15/steam-question-268138/

Inbound Marketing Examples

Just grab yourself an usb disc drive for like ~$20. I've had a food Samsung one for a long time and more recently an LG one that my buddy gave me when I bought his computer. Unless you routinely use disc media and it's a hassle, this is by far the best option. The last computer I had with a disc drive was purchased in something like 2007. Nothing after that starting in 2012 has had one and I've never missed it.

Back