Prime 1.. Alita Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvinmyles

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just Teased on Prime 1 Facebook Page

Attachments

• alita battle angel.jpg
    alita battle angel.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 651
my first Anime/Manga on VHS in 1993.I really liked the story.I think there were only 2 videos made by Kishiro because he was just too busy with the Manga.
Of course this Statue will be based on the upcoming Film. Trailer https://youtu.be/7RzGOr5f9Rc

Salazar's CGI look is good enough.. but why the Manga Eyes for the Film? :horror

Attachments

• Battle Angel VHS box.jpg
    Battle Angel VHS box.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 632
I can do without the anime eyes for photo realism.

The eyes are especially annoying to me cuz none of the other cyborgs have them. In the anime/manga, humans have anime eyes too. Its distracting as heck. Will have to wait for an anime statue.

Basing this off the movie is a massive slap in the face. It would be like them announcing a Dragonball Evolution or Legend of Chun Li statue. Give me a break. Prime 1 is just the statue equivalent of Hot Toys now. Massive sellouts.

Anyone know about Alita? should i watch it? should I read it? should I just wait for the movie?

Well... I’ve read the Manga ages ago, and have the anime. It’s pretty cool. But, if you don’t watch or read the “originals”, you’re more likely to view the film on its own merits, rather than be influenced by what came before. It’s your choice...

Well... I’ve read the Manga ages ago, and have the anime. It’s pretty cool. But, if you don’t watch or read the “originals”, you’re more likely to view the film on its own merits, rather than be influenced by what came before. It’s your choice...

There are some anime that are terrible in comparison to the manga and vise versa, so as someone who read and watched is it worth it? An example I will give is berserk, I will always use the 90s anime to introduce people to berserk and then push the manga on them. A recent example is Ghost in the shell, when the trailer came out anyone interested I told to go watch the anime so that is their first exposure.

Basing this off the movie is a massive slap in the face
like them announcing a Dragonball Evolution or Legend of Chun Li statue
Did you seriously compared two cheap cashgrab turds made by nobodies to Cameron/Rodriguez passion project?
It's ok to be a fanboy but this is taking it way too far...

I heard Cameron has been putting this off partially because the CG tech wasn't there yet.
Now he gave it to Rodriguez and CG in the trailer wasn't that impressive.. Cloth-sim and hair didn't look that impressive compare to "now 8 years old Avatar"
Anyways, I'm still very glad it's finally getting made. The manga eyes bothers me as well, but I'm trying to see them as a cyborg eyes instead.

Now I wonder who's gonna grab the 1/6 action figure license. My gut feeling says it will be threezero, but my left brain is hoping for Hot Toys while my right brain is hoping for InFlames toys (licensed or not)

Prime 1 Studio - Alita: Battle Angel - Alita (Berserker Body) - 1/3?

Shown in SSC's preview.

1125x682_previewbanner_903785_AlitaBerserkerStatue.jpg

Nice.. Beserker Body,guess Prime 1 will be doing more than one version of Alita.Damn' there is a lot going on on that Base.

Back