question about Legolas cloak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodonit00

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I know theres been alot of discussion about whether to cut little slices for the quiver straps or not. Doing some researching today, I came to the conclusion that the straps definately go under his cloak. Before resigning myself to cut his cloak I found a little movie showing Legolas dismounting a horse, and it shows his cloak split up his back. This may be the scene in FOTR where he first arrives in Rivendell, im not sure. Does he wear the same cloak throughout the 3 films or does he get a new one from Galadriel? Would it be film accurate to cut the cloak up the back? Enquiring minds want to know.

I cut mine, imo that's the only way to go. It just looks riddiculous to have his 3 quiver straps over the cloak.

Nervous about cutting it... but NASH--- LOVE the avatar...

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!:lol :lol :lol and a little :drool

But wait, do you mean just sliced up the back down the middle? Or with little slits cut for the belts to go through?

Ok, the cloak I seen was definately a totally different cloak. After checking out certain parts of FOTR in slo-mo, the straps definately go through the cloak. The costume designers must have done just about what you all are talking about. Thanks for the replies.

Customizing and movie costumes aside, if you owned a real Elven cloak, would you want to cut holes in it, or slit it up the back? No doubt there were several versions of the cloak made for different scenes, not just the one you saw with the straps through it. If you really want to be film accurate, make yourself a copy to customize like the one in the movie, and spare your Sideshow exclusive the knife!!! That way you'll still have options.

The slits on mine are so small you cant even tell they are there unless you totally lay the cloak flat on a table or inspect it up close.

Plus, without the quiver on his back, the cloak bunches up to lay properly and that also hides the slits.

Can someone take pictures of what/where/how/why this slits are made? I expect to receive my ex. Legolas soon and I would like to to know. Thanks! :wave

What a dilemma! I am NOT a cutter. But what I have decided to do is to search until I find a spare cloak. I will then cut the second so that I may maintain one in original condition. I wish Sideshow would have just put the holes there to save me this mind-numbing indecision.

Edit - Ummm...anyone know where I can find an extra cloak?

if you do it correctly you wont even be able to notice the small cuts anyway.

nash said:
The slits on mine are so small you cant even tell they are there unless you totally lay the cloak flat on a table or inspect it up close.

Plus, without the quiver on his back, the cloak bunches up to lay properly and that also hides the slits.

This is great news, Nash. I'm taking the plunge. Hey Pix, I remember seeing a fantastic tuturial on just this in one of the threads here. I don't remember who did it but it was amazing. I think I saved it on my pc at home. If I find it, I'll repost here tonight. (hopefully the author won't mind.)

FlyAndFight said:
This is great news, Nash. I'm taking the plunge. Hey Pix, I remember seeing a fantastic tuturial on just this in one of the threads here. I don't remember who did it but it was amazing. I think I saved it on my pc at home. If I find it, I'll repost here tonight. (hopefully the author won't mind.)

Thanks F&F! :duff

Customikey said:
CAUTION!! The quiver in the tutorial seems to be on BACKWARDS!!!!

The knife sheathes should be on the other side!

LOL - Some people may take you seriously about that.

Back