Recasting DCEU Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Now that Affleck looked to be pulling out, who do you think should put on the cowl?

Jon Hamm was the first name that came to my mind a couple of weeks ago. Now it look like he's actually interested in the role https://screenrant.com/jon-hamm-batman-movie/. While I thought Affleck in BvS was probably the Batman to date, in JL parts of his performance felt phoned in. He seemed somewhat uncomfortable as Bruce Wayne, a bit stiffer as Batman, and appeared a bit overweight in some of the scenes--probably the reshoots.
I know Jake Gyllenhaal has been floated as a possible replacement. He's a great actor and at 36 could be able to stick through several movies. However he's 5'10"/5'11", which would almost 5 inches shorter than Affleck and a half a foot shorter than Mamoa's Aquaman. At 6'2", Hamm is almost the same height as Affleck (6'3"/6'4") and only a year older.
As I mentioned in another thread, I think Hamm would likely make an even better Bruce Wayne, and probably "looks" the part more than any actor who's played the role to date. He would need to hit the gym pretty hard to get in superhero shape, but rather than bulking him up, they should probably keep him 20 or so pounds lighter and just add a little more padding to the suit if necessary. That would avoid the Fatman look that sometimes plagued Affleck.

Hamm would be a good Bruce Wayne, but not Batman. I think Chris Evans could pull it off actually. I know it's hard to picture it, but I think he would be a pretty good Batman and Bruce.

All I hope is we get one more decent affleck-Batman and not the stupid Flashpoint which is sure to bomb.

Gyllenhaal doesn't have a good voice for Batman. He's so high pitched with too much "waa waa".

Funny how Ledger was Joker and he might be Bats. So in a parallel universe, Batman and Joker ****ed each other in Brokeback Mountain.

So did Affleck, but I don't want Gyllenhaal either, but not because of his voice.

It really doesn't matter, as long as the actor is tall and not too old.

Affleck always had a deeper tone which he can and did channel in BvS/JL. Jake doesn't. Hes too upper range.

I'm not saying he's Michael Jackson or anything...but voice too damn wimpy. :lol

Last edited:
I don't care for Batman at this point.

If they do Thomas Wayne or Terry McGinnis I can see my self bein' there just out of curiosity.

I don't care for Batman at this point.

If they do Thomas Wayne or Terry McGinnis I can see my self bein' there just out of curiosity.

20qjwu.jpg

As much as I don't want to see Affleck go...

I'd like to see Fassbender in the role.

15q51sl.jpg

Back