Media Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project_A

Super Freak
Reaction score
52a03b83afe6d2b7b7f7cd5035b30919.jpg

I hope we ditch the bow for the dual pistols!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Tomb Raider III

The current rebooted series is awesome. Day one purchase. I actually love these games more than Uncharted now, and its fair to say that the current series was definitely inspired by Uncharted.

Is 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider' still the title?

why ditch the bow for dual pistols? Give us both!!!!!!!

Yeah inspired by Uncharted for sure, but they have taken it to a new level in my opinion. As enjoyable as the Uncharted games were, they were very linear and upgrades and purchases were not there AT ALL. No rewards for exploring caves and such other than the pointless treasure items.
ROTTT didn't have a gigantic open world no, but you got rewarded with clothing,weapons etc you can switch to at any given time.

I'm excited for the next Tomb Raider game and LOVE the rebooted Lara Croft franchise! And I like those games way better than the Uncharted games (though I tend to favor female protagonists in storytelling). However, I am a bit bummed that Rhianna Pratchett didn't write this next installment. So I won't be surprised if the story and dialogue quality take a hit. Ms. Pratchett rebuilt Lara from the ground up.

They are very good. The second one adds a lot of side stuff, and it's easy to get distracted and overwhelmed. Great news, but won't pay full price this time around.

New game is called Shadow of the Tomb Raider, due on the 14th of September. :)

I started playing the second one but got bored with it. Maybe I should finish the game first...

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started playing the second one but got bored with it. Maybe I should finish the game first...

Me too. Bought Rise last year but never finished it because I was bored to death. The story was way too dull for me to care.

I'm playing through Rise right now and it is incredibly dull...I can't believe it. Lara is so insufferably vanilla with a yawn inducing, daddy issue motivation...The script is predictable as hell. The gameplay is solid, but glitchy glitchy glitchy. I walked in on an enemy encampment and they were all just standing completely still like scarecrows. They weren't animating at all, but they were still talking. I walked right up to one and the game triggered the fight music and the enemies started yelling attack plans and such, but they were all stuck in scarecrow positions. I shot them all in the head and carried about my day. This has happened 4 times already :lol

The tombs are fun, but the linear climbing and exploration is depressing. I've grown tired of the "painted" ledges mechanic in every game. When there's only one path to climb a mountain and the game holds your hand while doing so, it gets old.

I hope this new game brings in interesting enemies. I miss the wild and outrageous stuff from previous Tomb Raider games. These reboots just have generic commandos and basic wild life. I haven't finished Rise yet, so I don't know if they bring in a whacky third act enemy like Uncharted and the first Tomb Raider reboot did but eh...I'm sure it will just be a zombified commando or some ********.

I hope the new game goes a little more off the rails in it's mythology...and maybe don't put so many ****ing waypoints in the game.

Oh well I bought the game for $15 on black Friday, so I can't complain too much :lol

Back