Netflix (German) “Dark” series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seriously... no one has started a thread on this superb new series...

I’ve watched all 10 episodes from beginning to end 3 times and I’m still finding new stuff that I missed.

It’s really great. I think on an intellectual level it blows that Stranger Things series out the water.

There’s a lot to think about on this one. It keeps you coming back and back and back to rewatch it to look for clues.

It’s amazing. You all should check it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started watching on the weekend & I'm up to episode 9, just about to watch it.

Great show, I used to watch a lot of sub-titled movies so I don't mind reading while I watch. I can see it turning a lot of people off though. I think there's a dubbed version too?

The whole time travel and causality is quite well done, nice atmosphere & good sound track too. Recommended!

Last edited:
OK, just finished the series. Last episode was fantastic.

Best show I've seen all year, I want more!

Yeah, I love it man.

I watched it in English dub. It helped a whole lot.

Last episode was awesome I thought too. Can’t wait for the next season.

Very thought provoking show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched this series over the course of the week...so good! I wish the last 20 minutes hadn't created more questions than answers, but it sounds like there's a second season so that's good. The default English overdub was annoying, glad there was an option to change it to German with English subtitles.

Saw it and hated it. Just not for me. Keeping track of which versions of which characters was hard to follow at times. And some of the characters were completely uninteresting to watch. Didn't care about any of the characters mostly

This is hands down one of the GREATEST shows ever made. I am in awe of what's been crafted here.

Not only are all the characters fantastic in their various ages, but the hierarchies they all beautifully coalesce as are just undeniably brilliant. It's basically a story about families caught in the middle of a time travel war. Everyone is involved and at every point in their lives.

Sooooo happy a second season is happening. I need it.

Theory:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok, I just started watching Season 2 & I'm finding myself lost... It's been too long since the first season so I need to re-watch it again to catch back up. After the first two episodes of S1 I think it was a good choice. Very good TV.

I recommend watching from the start before getting into this new season.

Recently just finished season one and was pretty much blown away. STOKED for this. Some of the greatest rev I’ve ever watched. How did they write it so seamlessly???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got into this a few weeks ago and just finished season 2. Wow, what a gem of a show! I can't wait to see what happens in Season 3.

Ok, I had to go digging for this thread after I binged all 3 seasons of Dark the past couple of days. I'm surprised this show hasn't generated more discussion. It's been in my Netflix list since Season 1 was first released (December 2017) and somehow I never got around to checking it out (I may have mistook it for another of those missing person/abduction police procedurals). Silly me - it's easily one of the best Sci-Fi/Drama TV shows of the 21st century. The story really makes you use your brain to keep track of things as it at times feels quite convoluted, but just when you think it's spinning its wheels & is going to be another Lost everything comes together beautifully and the showrunners absolutely NAIL the ending. All I can say is WOW, what a show!

The first two seasons were good, but by the third season I was losing interest.

It's not something I'd want to rewatch.

The first two seasons were good, but by the third season I was losing interest.

It's not something I'd want to rewatch.
Yes, early in the third season I was getting those Lost vibes - i.e., that it was a great concept but they were going to leave a lot of questions unanswered because they didn't know how to end it. But then came
Spoiler Spoiler:
and that set up the elegant ending where all the character/story arcs lined up in a satisfying and intelligent way. I don't know, maybe I'm so effusive with my praise because it's been seemingly forever since I've seen a sci-fi show this ambitious in its complexity that actually had a thought out exit plan - one that neither left multiple plot lines dangling nor required any scientific hand waving for it to make sense.

As for rewatching, I definitely would want to do just that. It would be fun to look for clues I'd missed the first time.

Back