Altered Carbon on Netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

This looks cool. I read the books, which do some great future tech world building. Kinnaman is a little iffy. I've only seen him operating in one gear, but he should work well enough for Kovacs, who's kind of a riff on Deckard.

I watched the first two episodes. So far I wish they would ditch the woman cops side story. Whenever it shows her i immediately become less interested. There's lots of boobs in this show too, so that's a plus. Still not convinced the dude from suicide squad is a good actor.

I watched the first two episodes. So far I wish they would ditch the woman cops side story. Whenever it shows her i immediately become less interested. There's lots of boobs in this show too, so that's a plus. Still not convinced the dude from suicide squad is a good actor.

Same here with regards to your comments about the woman cop. I guess she must be part of the larger story, and I have a few guesses, because of the way she is shoehorned into so many scenes. She's annoying as hell though.

I'm really liking this show so far - I'm three episodes down - and I think it does a really good job portraying all the elements that make Cyberpunk ficition what it is. I've seen comparisons/complaints to Blade Runner and I don't think that's particularly fair. Blade Runner didn't invent the genre, and it's hardly the be-all-end-all in regards to ownership of the visuals/environment described in all the major Cyberpunk works.

Man, this was so good up until episode six. After that the story heads straight for Dafuq street :slap

This show is all over the place.

It's great when it's being a detective show but quickly turns to crap when it becomes Arrow with lame action scenes and flashbacks.

The part where they cage fight with Bebop and Rocksteady made me cringe so hard.

The opening scene of E1 made me cringe.

"YoU aLMOsT ***N KIllED mE mAn?!

jayzd.gif

Feels like a mini-series on YT.

Man, Netflix has been dropping the ball. HARD.

Yeah after finishing episode 6 I honestly don't know if I want to continue. As someone else said this show is all over the place.

Watched the first episode. Liked the atmosphere and look, not sure on the quality of the show though.

Back