CoolProps Akihito Ikeda "Kagero" PREDATOR 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavy Metal Spike

A total smeee heeeee
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Vancouver Canada (ex-pat UK Birmingham & Scotland)

This thing is just AWESOME and (IMO) blows away all the other CoolProps stuff shared today.

Thanks to JD18_92 and Masa_yodamorph on Statue Forum for the heads up.

Akihito said he's done this as a 1:1 prototype for CoolProps - but no mention if Prime 1 are involved.

(* EDIT Dec 1st 2018 *)​

Japanese price is 186,900 JPY which gives us an approx. price of $1,650 USD /// $2,200 CAD /// £1,300 GPB.

Should be up for sale soon on Sideshow and BBTS.​

(* EDIT Dec 3rd 2018 *)​

It's up at Sideshow
icon_arrow.gif
$1,699 USD /// ≈ $2,300 CAD

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/predator-kagero-predator-coolprops-904233/?

CP01-0003_x01_05.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_14.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_19.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_02.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_39.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_40.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_41.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_42.jpg

47156248_1143372442497733_4910651094104801280_o.jpg

I am not a fan of the way the shoulders are cut off for the base, but other than that he looks great. Much better than the Wolf they showed.

Love the redesign. Not many can pull it off. How much have cool props 1:1 been running?

This will go nicely with my hot toys samurai predator.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CoolProps Akihito Ikeda "Kagero" PREDATOR 1:1 bust

Tnx for sharing. I love the dreads!!! Don’t care if it’s movie pred or not this armored samurai like sculpt is just amazing. I hope we see unique designs like this in 2018 movie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will go nicely with my hot toys samurai predator.

I was thinking the same thing - the colours & styles are very similar :)

I've not tracked all Hot Toys pricing, but if I remember right, that's the ONE Hot Toys Pred that has REALLY gone up in price and stayed there.

Not that resale value is a deciding factor for me - I'd buy this just because it looks so damn cool!

I purchased mine off of a collector from Australia on this forum and he gave me a really fare price. I probably will never sale it so to how expensive it is now.

Im all for concept pieces, but for something this price id never go for it. For the price, it needs to evoke an emotional connection. But i have to admit, theres just so much life to this piece

DQCAZzpUEAEcG_i.jpg

Its not something for me. But i can totally see the piece having value as, as of now the execution and design is fantastic. The head shape, and dread texture really makes me think its related to the super predators.

Looks like a crab predator or something. Quite a cool design but like others have said, too random for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don't know this piece just looks like there's a story behind it. You can just look at him and tell he's been through some heavy battles.

. . . The head shape, and dread texture really makes me think its related to the super predators.

Don't ruin it for us :lol

I should email Aki and ask him, but there appears to be quite a bit of Takayuki Takeya influence in this piece - per the Hot Toys Samurai Pred we mentioned earlier in the thread AND the larger bust kit & prepaint Takeya sold through Fewture.

It also reminds me of the work "Milk" (Aaron) does on HIS original Predator sculpts.

2017-12-02_Takeya_Aaron_influences.jpg

A SUPER PREDATOR!!! Do you work for cool props because you just sold me on this piece?

Very cool piece!
I like the sculpt and the color pattern of this Predator.
Those acrylic eyes are a huge plus too!

Very nice concept. Would look great with the Takayuki Takeya bust. I like how the eyes seam to follow you around the room . Sadly I don’t like how the arms are cut off. It seams like a wasted opportunity

LOVE IT, as a predator bust collector only I think i'm heading for divorce after seeing whats new at Tokyo comic con :)

This looks freaking cool, and I much prefer it to the other 1:1 busts that Coolprops had at the show.

Back