Star Trek Captain's Chair review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Qmx put their Khan up for sale yesterday, and I reviewed him Sunday. They also put their Captain's Chair sixth scale replica up on Monday, and I wanted to get my review out asap. The chair is terrific, with an excellent light and sound effect, and a couple surprises as well:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-112917a.htm

you can also find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_kirkchair_large.jpg

Soon as it arrives I am throwing my 3D printed one in the trash

Have a feeling I'll break down and get this anyway, but I can't help but wonder if the dimensions are completely accurate on it? I know the figure isn't heavy enough to sink back into the chair like a real person (which is throwing things off a bit), but it still looks to me like the chair should maybe be a bit wider...

chairs.jpg

Sorry, just the nitpicky Trekker in me. :p

Possible lens distortion on the image of the real thing vs the scale model?
Just looking at the images from the waist down and if you take how wide Michael has the legs spread out into consideration and look at the scale of the hands to the chair in both images, the model looks very close to perfect scale to my eyes.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Michael. That looks NOTHING like George Hamilton's chair...

This is a sweet chair, however. The volume control is such a simple yet brilliant idea. Like you said, other manufacturers need to take note on how to handle electronic features.

Hey Michael....I had been thoroughly enjoying your top tens every week, and they just seemed to stop a few months ago.

Any chance of bringing them back?

Hey Michael....I had been thoroughly enjoying your top tens every week, and they just seemed to stop a few months ago.

Any chance of bringing them back?

My real life has been nuts since August, which is why they stopped. I'm hoping that changes soon, and I can get back to the top tens - I really enjoyed them as well!

Khan' s shipping, and I would have assumed they would have been on the boat together. But it seems not to be the case, so it's anyone's guess.....

Nearly forgot to order this!!!
So, Khan and the Chair ordered yesterday.
Looking forward to these showing up next year.
That chair is just soooooo cool!!!

I just got a shipping notification from QMX on Tuesday. Within an hour of that I got a note from them saying that it would be delayed til January. This morning however, a package arrived from QMX.

I didn’t have time to open it before leaving for work, but the chair is the only thing I had on order from them, so I think I have it! :D

Back