Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toty21

Super Freak
Reaction score
For those who were asking if P1 would be making their own Giger Alien (Big Chap), it looks like they announced it in FB:

23754909_10155812162610050_8443546047698663789_n.jpg

I would bet 1/4 scale. There is no way they could be making the same size prop with Coolprops holding the license for the 1/3 scale. It would have to be different in some way. I do think its a bit low class to tease it a week before Coolprops puts theirs up for preorder to try to damper their sales.

The image actually looks exactly like the CP Bigchap. I'm wondering if they handed it off? I mean the pose and sculpt look almost exactly the same. I'm thinking they're tweaking it.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Looks like an early WIP of the CP version to me...

Prime 1 didn't announce this, somebody posted it to their group with no background info. Would be nice if P1 did make one though.

Looks like an early WIP of the CP version to me...

Prime 1 didn't announce this, somebody posted it to their group with no background info. Would be nice if P1 did make one though.

Below is the FB exchange on the post...By now everyone here knows who Kelvin Loke is I assume:

Originally Posted by Aaron Ross
This the coolprops Giger alien?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin Loke
nope

Quote:
coolprops giger alien is entirely done by coolprops themselves. P1 is not involved.

Quote:
this is early wip not the final pose.

Well the last quote was this which casts doubt... "I m not familiar with their licensing bro. Not sure whether it is the same. So I can’t comment."

Who knows though, I hope they are making one. I'd have hoped they could use coolprops sculpt in a different pose/style however as it's as close to perfect as we'll probably ever see.

Well that’s made my mind up, I’ll wait for the P1 version, don’t trust CP after seeing their Alien heads
I just watched an unboxing episode on YouTube a week or 2 ago and the guy got the package in perfect shape. He opens it up and there's a Crack and on of the little nubs on the top of the head was clean broken off. The conclusion was quality control issue since the box has no damage and it clearly happened before being packaged.

I'd be WRECKED if this was mine after that expense.

That being said....I'd really want P1 to have this too. The Runner was so good looking. I'd be upset after dropping 3k (canadian) on a statue to have that happen. So far my perception of their quality checks looks good. I'm really looking forward to some Alien and Aliens pieces of the 1/3 scale.

Somebody get me a damn alien statue made already! ;)

Looks like it's confirmed by Kelvin after all. He replied to a comment saying that the Prime 1 version will have a different pose to this early WIP. I wonder if it was posted early hence the confusion. I imagine Coolprops won't be happy given that theirs goes up for order next week. I suspect people will hold off and see what Prime 1 can do now. I love the CP version, but even I'm waiting for this one simply because I know Prime 1 will deliver on the final product.

Sadly not, I got excited for new info myself when I saw this thread pop up. Hope they hurry up, I'm close to giving in and ordering the CP version, but I'm sure P1 will smash this out of the park....

Sadly not, I got excited for new info myself when I saw this thread pop up. Hope they hurry up, I'm close to giving in and ordering the CP version, but I'm sure P1 will smash this out of the park....
Remain strong brother. Patience will surely be rewarded, though your bank account will surely be evicerated.

:lol There's now three certainties in life.... Death, Taxes and Prime 1 Alien & Predators keeping me poor.....

Back