Alien Ellen Ripley sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been a full year of lovely, tough female characters being made into exceptional sixth scale figures. I suspect tonight's review will cap it off - I don't think I have any more coming in the final month - and she's one I've been waiting for a very long time: Ellen Ripley! It's amazing how far Hot Toys has come over the last decade. You can see my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-112217a.htm

Or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and if you're celebrating holidays this weekend, have a great one!

Michael

review_ripley_9.jpg

Amazing what a decade can do...

review_ripley_13.jpg

I believe my first post on this forum was creating an ALIEN/ALIENS thread and posting a picture of that 2006 Ripley, wondering if it was a custom or an actual factory figure -- there was no official news for several weeks that it was actually real.

That thread blew up over several years and after over 100,000 posts, Darklord Dave decided it was time to create an "Alien & Robots" section all its own.

That thread had over 500,000 hits!

PS Nice review Michael, just about spot on from what I assessed with mine.

Damn, I usually think you're dead on, but I can't get behind the sculpt at this price, but I can definitely identify with your sentiment about it looking better in person, I feel that way about several figures and I don't have this one to be accurate to judge in hand. Either way, great review, thanks!

Very fair review! However, your photos don't do it justice -- she looks much better in hand.

That's a weird thing about some Hot Toys figures: they defy being photographed accurately, it seems. For the longest time, I didn't want to get their Obi-Wan because I was unimpressed by most of the photos I saw here. But I pulled the trigger and was most pleased by how it looks in person!

Back