Media Jurassic World Evolution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Surprised there wasn't a thread. This looks pretty awesome. I loved playing Operation Genesis on PS2.

Yeah it's very sims. You ever played Operation Genesis? It's a successor to it.

The main reason to play the game is build up a functioning park, and then remove the fences :lol

I've never heard of that game. Removing the fences sounds hilarious.

I imagine like OG, you can create the island itself from the ground up. Add rivers, mountains etc. You also have to feed the Dinos of course. IIRC there was a goat feeder.

Not really into these type of games but this looks really good. Might pick this up.

"There's these three factions you work for within the park..."

Represented by two black men and an Indian female.
Welp, that's where I draw the line. Thanks.

"There's these three factions you work for within the park..."

Represented by two black men and an Indian female.
Welp, that's where I draw the line. Thanks.

But you're Game Warden and Manager is White :lol

Oh boy 4 hours in where do I start...

Um it feels great, honestly it does but I have a lot of peeves...

The game itself is 11gb on PS4 and which makes me think the actual game is server based! Which imho, could cause a lot of problems... I'm going to disconnect wifi and see if I can play it without. If I can't then that is messed up... and will truly piss a lot of people off.

The initial Tutorial is more a damn headache than I'd like to admit. It wants to pretend to teach you the basics but in reality shove you into actual game play. I found myself not knowing where to go and figuring out how to access challenges by myself before a prompt came up.

AI, what AI? The only AI are the dinosaurs... There's no guest count, no happiness level, nothing that makes each visitor seem unique. Even when you build buildings AI randomly appear out of the store after construction. Even for a game with so much potential there's not even working doors, there's no benches, trash cans, balloons... all that the Previous JP:OG had before it 15 years ago.

Dinosaurs are very top notch, but alas their so expensive... I had 5 million dollars and a Ceratasaurus is $637,000... and that's if it actually incubates properly... which flushes money down the drain if it doesn't. The feeders have a ration of 10 reserves and have to be resupplied by Rangers instead of auto feeders that charge your park money.

Buildings are well designed, but very hard to place. Their snap points are screwy and the turn radius for placing suggests they are limited. Some buildings snap perfectly to the sidewalks while others I'm sitting there for 5 minutes trying to square up... Which brings up the other point... you cant make pathways underneath the buildings as per that very first video we saw year ago. And there's only one pathway design... no dirt, no gravel etc to make it better experience.

I don't know if they'll update it better when it goes along... but the base game feels very Beta than final cut. So I hate to say I'm giving it a 6/10. And I haven't even unlocked the Sandbox mode... and that's sad...

Hmmm, well rethinking after that review lol. Went to get it today only to find out the digital version is available today and physical July 3rd. Sorry, I don't buy digital only.

I'm 100% getting this at some point, because I loved JP:OG back in the day, even if this sounds like it doesn't offer as much, like RavenEye said. My biggest issue is whether to get it on PS4, where I can get the rather easy sounding trophies, or via steam, where it's probably easier to point-and-click play on PC... Either way, it sounds like I'll be waiting for a sale. Maybe by then, they'll add in more visitor stuff and whatnot.

I'm actually loving this game. I like slower paced builder games and I try to keep my parks running smoothly instead of creating chaos. I find this game relaxing and fun at the same time.

Back