The studio ADI Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
It looks like the talented team behind many a superb movie creature is having a shot at offering high end replicas for sale. This is exciting and I really hope it goes well for them as we may well see some incredible things down the line if so. Things like the Wolf Predators mask right from the source, maybe even the full 1/3 maquette if they have the option as their initial offering includes an ambitious 1:1 Alien Newborn bust. Sometimes you get what you pay for and I imagine these guys will have their products looking a million times better than any factory ever could..... https://studioadi.bigcartel.com/

I like the swimming Alien study, I might grab one of those, I also really like the Newborn Alien face design maquette.

swimming Alien study
3CGG9wM.jpg

Newborn Alien face design maquette.
rE6vC7s.jpg

1:1 Newborn bust!
PK1aT4C.jpg

Alien Warrior half head
U3OrBJ4.jpg

Queen Alien embryo
pZP30mE.jpg

Newborn design maquette
guiclo9.jpg

"20th Century Fox has given us permission to release a line of art pieces based on characters we designed and created for Alien3 and Alien:Resurrection.

The line is called The studioADI Collection.

We’ll give you a moment to catch your breath.

Now, an intelligent, good looking , observant reader such as yourself will notice we call them ‘art pieces’ rather than ‘collectibles’. That’s because these are not mere replicas made in a factory somewhere. The studioADI Collection art pieces are made by us, the studio that created these iconic characters for the original films.

When you buy one of these beautiful pieces you are getting as close to the original artwork as possible. That’s because each piece is made from ADI’s original production molds, in our studio, by the artists who created them for the films you love.

Let that sink in…

They’re cast from pure urethane resin (not that filled stuff that some replicas are made from) and some are even hand-laid fiberglass resin. Our initial offering will be 7 pieces from Alien3 and Alien: Resurrection."

I was actually just thinking about starting a thread for this. But you've beaten me to it.

Thanks!

Prices for all this are available on their site in their store.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

No worries, I look forward to seeing what they might offer in future, they have created some excellent movie props and characters over the years!

That ADI Newborn head puts my Cool props head to shame...

I did say in the dog alien maquette thread that these things where only going to get better from now on.

And so they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ADI Newborn head puts my Cool props head to shame...

I did say in the dog alien maquette thread that these things where only going to get better from now on.

And so they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they've been listening to us ***** about SS and CP and decided to try and throw in their own hat and see what happens given their resources.

May be a good deal cheaper with domestic shipping for you 'mericans.

Although i am sure the quality of their replica's will most likely be unmatched, I feel that these choices that ADI will be offering are lazy. Half a head, a 1/5th scale newborn, a tiny plaque, etc. With their capability and access to original material, why not make definitive 1/4 scale or 1/3 scale full body replicas of the iconic beasts. It seems to me that they are going for easy to produce, at a very high price. This is just my opinion though.

Although i am sure the quality of their replica's will most likely be unmatched, I feel that these choices that ADI will be offering are lazy. Half a head, a 1/5th scale newborn, a tiny plaque, etc. With their capability and access to original material, why not make definitive 1/4 scale or 1/3 scale full body replicas of the iconic beasts. It seems to me that they are going for easy to produce, at a very high price. This is just my opinion though.
I had the same thought. I'm guessing they're "testing the waters" as it were and if these prove successful I'd expect they'd expand their production.

But their price points do seem a bit steep.....but then I'm poor so.....are none with deeper pockets care to comment?

Id be down for an alien queen embryo as long as the finished product doesn't have a rod sticking up its ass.

Hopefully they preview something soon to give us some idea the direction they are going to go(and to help me decide on that P1 A3 Maquette)

Their price points are due to the fact that they are making production equivalent quality pieces from 'their' original molds that are being built and painted by many of the original artists that actually worked on the original props for the films. It's not farmed out labor.ADI's artists don't work for pennies on the dollar.This is something that they will be doing to help offset the slower down periods of the year at the shop.They want to offer items at various price points so everyone can afford something.

These are just the beginnings of what they have plans on offering,trust me:wink1:

By purchasing these pieces your helping to support the art and artists behind practical effects.This is actually quite a unique opportunity.

I hope they release items at various ends of the pricing spectrum. I mean, because I can't swing 4000$ USD doesn't mean I wouldn't like to own a scaled down piece for maybe 1000$ or 500$. Granted the swimming alien and face hugger wall hang are lower cost items, they aren't busts or maquettes. I'm certainly curious and certainly welcome a new player on this field.

Oh, they're supposed to be having an announcement today so should be interesting!

Back