1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars The Last Jedi - Praetorian Guard #2 (With Double Blade)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
23668957_10155040350567344_7292085959781263823_o.jpg

So TWO HEADS for two different looks with each of these guards?

Although it may seem to some like leaving money on the table, after the way TFA troops sold, this is a good way for HT to hedge their bets.

That's actually a good idea. Not many people really want to buy multiple troop variants for unproven characters at $230 each..

I'd say Square Top is the best of the bunch too. I'd rather see a good action sequence with the Knights of Ren, although these guys could be them. That's one thing that might make me buy into the new trilogy line. Bummed that scene in TFA was a split second flashback. They looked great.

I was liking the "toenail" helmet guy the most out of the three before, but the more I see of the "pointy" helmet guy, the more I like it. The biggest issue with that third "round" helmet is how round and plain the forehead area is. The "pointy" helmet has the same round plain forehead, but the shape of the back of the helmet redeems that flaw.

I love that wiggly-jiggly clown avatar. :lol

The thing I dislike most about these is the toyish look. Accurate or not, they look like plastic dolls. Even their weapons.

I suppose HT has to make these first before the OT RG, being that I don't imagine anyone will likely have an interest in these after the hype of TLJ wears off. However, people will likely still have an interest in an OT RG, so they can do that one whenever they want.

I can see these PG eventually saying hello to roughly $175 (maybe even lower) on the secondary market.

Maybe my mind will change after I see them in context in the actual film, but right now not a fan of the prawn guards, personally. They just look over-designed and impractical to me, without enough of the coolness factor to balance things out.

Maybe my mind will change after I see them in context in the actual film, but right now not a fan of the prawn guards, personally. They just look over-designed and impractical to me, without enough of the coolness factor to balance things out.

So what are we thinking? $209.99 HT special price.

I'm thinking they'll hit at $219.99 like the regular Death Trooper but an added sculpt? Possibly 229.99+. Just a guess.

That first pic is a good shot. I've got no doubts they're the Knights of Ren. I'd be shocked if they weren't. That image evokes the same feeling as the rain shot from TFA.

That first pic is a good shot. I've got no doubts they're the Knights of Ren. I'd be shocked if they weren't. That image evokes the same feeling as the rain shot from TFA.

Knights of Ren are in black with much more various armor and weapons including blaster rifles.

Knights of Ren are in black with much more various armor and weapons including blaster rifles.

That was in a flashback scene from TFA.. I'm sure years had passed from that point to the TLJ. It's also weird how they're supposedly really important but we haven't seen them in any promo material. Or have we..?

Back