Cleaning Dusty PF Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qrest Fourstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Help! Like a bad collector, I left my PF Obi-wan and Vader on top my entertainment center the last 12 years. Obi wan wasnt hard to clean, But I'm having issues with vader. The cape is going to need to be drycleaned, I cant get the dust off of it. vader.jpg

This is the first picture. I removed his cape and blasted him with my air compressor. Getting the dust off the leather is tricky. What would you guys recommend? I know it's fake leather, so what works on that? I was thinking armor all on a towel and gently rub.

giphy.gif

.... no clue.. you will probably need air pressure or something

Use a new make up brush to remove the bulk of the debris.Maybe even a paint brush. Something with soft but stiff bristles that won't scratch the surface. I advise against ever using an air compressor considering the air stream may have moisture and oil in it from the compressor. I would use canned air only. Once all of the debris has been removed from the above two methods, finish it off by using a new microfiber cloth, lightly moistened, gently rubbing off the remaining dust using downward strokes. Good Luck!

:eek That looks like something Indiana Jones might find on one of his adventures...

Use a new make up brush to remove the bulk of the debris.Maybe even a paint brush. Something with soft but stiff bristles that won't scratch the surface. I advise against ever using an air compressor considering the air stream may have moisture and oil in it from the compressor. I would use canned air only. Once all of the debris has been removed from the above two methods, finish it off by using a new microfiber cloth, lightly moistened, gently rubbing off the remaining dust using downward strokes. Good Luck!

:exactly:

This is the process I would recommend.

I'd start with a lint roller and take some leather cleaner to it once you've cleared the dust. I'd use plastic cleaner such as novus to clean the armor pieces.

Back