Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky Underbelly

Hoarding Since '70
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Thorin.jpg

So I figured this could use it's own thread.

Asmus has confirmed they're working on Thorin.

guys, sorry about missing this thread...

Just answering the latest question quick..

1. Our license duration is solid, we are still in plan to make more LOTR figures.

2. Bilbo and Thorin will come together around May 2018. Both have the heads sculpts ready, just waiting to complete.

3. Yes to slim version Gandalf the Grey, with sculpted hair (the original one)

I assume, since his beard is short it will be sculpted? Probably? And rooted hair?

What about the body? New? Or a modified hobbit body? (Seems to me, it would need to be pretty heavily modified, though.
Maybe a whole new body would be better?)

What about costume and accessory choices?

I'd love his Unexpected Journey look, complete with his oaken shield, and dwarven sword.

ThorinSword2.jpg

But Orcrist is the accessory I'm most hoping for. Essential.

His battle-damaged look from Battle of Five Armies look would be badass as well.

Maybe his "Royal" sword?

ThorinSword.jpg

Let the speculation begin!

Last edited:
I think the dwarves have their own body based on the gimli figure....Thorin is a no brainier day one pre order! I'm hoping rooted hair and I agree sculpted beard since it's short

That first picture you put up is exactly the look I would be down for and yes, rooted hair, sculpted beard, and Orcrist is mandatory.

That first picture you put up is exactly the look I would be down for and yes, rooted hair, sculpted beard, and Orcrist is mandatory.

Agreed. Rooted hair. No wig-skimping. "Travelling" gear. Orcrist although the sword "Deathless" is very cool. Day one PO for me. Would love my display to have the 2 kings Thranduil and Thorin.

It's got to be his original travelling attire for me too. I'd like The King Under the Mountain outfit at some point though as it's pretty killer...

This is an instant buy for my youngest son when/if this is made! Guaranteed!

We have been working on Thorin for some time,
yes, root hair and sculpted beard is the way to go.

A little WIP picture for you... Untitled-1.jpg

:clap He looks great!

I may not be a huge fan of the Hobbit movies, but I love the character design. Day one purchase for me.

Asmus, any chance you could show us comparison photos of the human, hobbit and dwarf base bodies? I'm curious.

Oh yeah! Hopefully we can get a few of them. Shoot I’d probably buy the whole company if they make them all. Hoping that he comes with two head sculpts. One with the mentioned rooted hair and one with it sculpted.

Glad to hear, I'll be getting this figure for my son for sure. Maybe as a Christmas present...?

I should clarify from earlier...this is an instant buy for my son IF the sculpt is dead on (e.g. not like some of those Hobbit heads). I could not drop that amount of coin just to see the veiled look of disappointment on my son's face when he sees it. He'd never cop to it but I'd know.

Please Asmus nail the likeness on this bearded bastard!

AMEN, brother. A. Men.

Of the two, Dwalin and Dwalin with a Mohawk from the flashback. He can be the exclusive. Or How about Dain and his WarBoar?

Ohhhh yeaaahhhhhh . . .

I'd go for that. Dwalin rocked that Mohawk. Love Dwalin. Thorin and Dwalin.:pray:

Back