Music at the end of SE ROTJ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got done watching Jedi and I got thinking about the new music that takes the place of Yub Nub.

I know I am probably in the minority here. As I see that many put down the new music used at the end of Jedi. I tend to disagree.

Now I love Yub Nub as much as the next guy but I feel that the beautiful new music by Williams fits the saga much better now.

Yub Nub was great for the end of the OT. The OT feeling was that of fun.

But Take the saga as a whole and the new music is just more fitting. It sums up the feelings of joy, loss and redemption. There is more history there now. It's not just about Luke, Han, and Leia anymore. It's about Obi Wan, Yoda, Qui Gon Jin, Padma, The Jedi Councel, and most of all Anakin. Yub Nub would just feel out of place.

So what does everyone else think.

I like the change because as you said it ties everything together. That's what it's about for me anyways. Especially as I watched all 6 yesterday I feel this way even more.

I love yub nub and miss it from the SE but I too can understand why it was changed. Maybe they could have just re-recorded a longer version for the SE? What really annoys me though is the new song in jabbas palace, absolute garbage!!:Flush

Ties what together? There's 3 movies before ANH? You really count them, it wasn't a joke?:D

I like both pieces, the original end music I think appeals to me most because it takes me back to childhood and when you're a kid, Ewoks make you feel like there's someone like you in Star Wars cuz of their size, and it was a fun song as a kid, as an adult and fan of classical film scores, the new piece is beautifully done and one of John Williams' better pieces and it adds some maturity to the end music while keeping a sense of celebration and light hearted times.

Lapti Nek was hardly brilliance.

I prefer the new music at the end, too. Part of the reason I like it is that the chorus progresses from children to adults over the course of the piece. There's meaning in that, I think.

I don't mind the music so much as the montage itself:

1) The CG looks very infantile, the "crowds" are hardly realistic on their respective backgrounds

2) The continuity is awful as well, a galaxy-wide celebration is not likely given the time frame of all the events

Yes, I know that regarding #2, it makes for a more emotionally satisfying ending; I guess I am just rententive in some cases.

LOTRFan said:
I don't mind the music so much as the montage itself:

1) The CG looks very infantile, the "crowds" are hardly realistic on their respective backgrounds

2) The continuity is awful as well, a galaxy-wide celebration is not likely given the time frame of all the events

Yes, I know that regarding #2, it makes for a more emotionally satisfying ending; I guess I am just rententive in some cases.

i'll agree withthe retentive part...

automaton said:
i'll agree withthe retentive part...

:wacky Yeah, me too. :lol

It just never seemed realistic, like word wouldn't have travelled at such a pace ... oh well.

LOTRFan said:
It just never seemed realistic, like word wouldn't have travelled at such a pace ... oh well.

Why couldn't it have though? It is fiction remember.

If you wanna see a more saga-inclusive ending, check out ADigitalman's ROTJ edit. Blows away the official one. :cool:

I still prefer the original '83 ending. It's more magical.

I absolutely love the SE ending. It's one of my favorite parts of Star Wars' score, and it adds a beautiful depth to the end of the saga. I love how introspective it is, a brilliant idea for the end of such a broad and expansive movie. It's just great!

The SE score is much improved!
Back in 1983, when I walked out of ROTJ, man was I PO'd! Three years waiting after Empire and it all ends with Yub Nub! AH!!! I hated that music! Resented it.
And then, it took all those years to see it again theatrically in 1997 and when the new music was there, on the big screen, it swept over me. I cried. Seriously! I wasn't ready for it. Made the whole thing work at long last.
So, for me it's a no-brainer. SE is MUCH, MUCH BETTER!

I much prefer the new music too. Much MUCH better. Man i hated that Numb Nuts song. (I'm sorry that's all I ever hear, lol)

With reference to the galaxy wide celebration, firstly... it's science fiction, anything is possible. But who's to say this is actually happening in real time. These celebrations could be happening at different times, when each respective planet heard the news. We're just getting to see how each planet reacted to the news at the particular times. Just a thought :)

SE EDITION ALLLLLL THE WAY. hehe, numb nuts, that's a good one hunky. :lol

even as a kid i thought the yub yub song was a 'WTF?' moment for me. then when i saw the 97 SE...i was like YES...THIS is how it's supposed to be. now watching the entire saga, the SE ending gives the entire story better closer.

This is one of the few changes that I like. There is much more emotion in this music and has a more "star Wars " feel to it then yub nub. I was against having Hayden appear in ghost for but with this new music and watching all 6 it feels right. My favorite part is whenthe choir becomes louder when Anakin appears. It gives me goosebumps.

Customikey said:
Lapti Nek was hardly brilliance.

Well Lapti Nek wasn't aspiring to the same level as, say, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos.

Lapti Nek was great because it sounded like some alien song in some alien's bar. As opposed to Jedi Rocks which sounds like early 80's disco-crap.

Back