Sideshow, no more $10 shipping

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aumakua

Super Freak
Reaction score
I noticed on pre-orders (Hot Toys) there aren't anymore $10 shipping offers, at least nothing from the last 1-2 months.

this is disappointing because I know it doesn't cost the $20 they charge for shipping to send a 3-4 lb box from California to Illinois (since they don't double box). I can send it for $15 without any kind of mass volume discounted rate...

$20 off coupon with $10 shipping and 5% rewards was really the only thing that kept me buying some figures from them.
With the base price now at $230, that was like getting 9-10% off and free shipping.

Ebay constantly sends me 8-10% cash back offers and lots of sellers have figures for MSRP (or lower) with free shipping on there, making it the best place to buy them (which is sad when sideshow is the official distributor). Especially now that there are no more "sideshow exclusives".

okay end of rant

Yeah, their shipping really ain't great. Places like Big Chief will next day me a figure from the UK for about 25-$30. There's no way that week long domestic shipping should cost $20+. I don't see them changing though.

Yea, they most likely get a bulk rate from UPS and mark it up. That is the reason I try to purchase my figures at other places, they need to make up rewards points losses somewhere. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least used a faster shipping speed.

They absolutely jack the rates and take the extra cash. I can send a HT 1/6 usps to most of the country for under 15.00 and that's priority. They get a big discount too.

I still get most my figures for $10-$12 from them. The Hulbuster surprisingly is only $25 shipping. But occasionally they get weird, they charged me $40 for the DC War Machine MK1 :dunno

I just went with stop buying HT from SS altogether. I dont care about exclusive accessories anymore.

SS likes to screw you with shipping, but shipping as a whole has gotten very expensive lately.
Yes, it has gotten out of hand. They used to blame it on the fuel prices, but that was BS. I don't mind them passing along their shipping costs, but they shouldn't be charging me more than it costs as an individual to send the same box, that is just greedy. They aren't paying anywhere near what they charge.

Sideshow's shipping prices are why I have pre-orders with BBTS. The only things I buy are exclusives directly from them.

I know it doesn't cost the $20 they charge for shipping to send a 3-4 lb box from California to Illinois (since they don't double box). I can send it for $15 without any kind of mass volume discounted rate...

This is starting to really tick me off too. It makes their promo codes a pure bait-and-switch.

Back