1/6 Hot Toys and Princess Leia: Will They Make All Her Costumes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supes78/Bats89

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've never started a thread before, but this is something I've been wondering about, and I thought some other collectors might be interested too, especially considering Carrie Fisher's passing.

Do you think Hot Toys will make all of Leia's costumes? Some of her action oriented outfits are given or already done: The classic ANH gown, Hoth, Bespin Escape (there better be a prisoner/carbonite Han too!), Boussh disguise, Endor, probably her "General Organa" fatigues from TFA. Slave Leia could have her own thread, and probably does. But some of Leia's different looks would amount to a high-priced fashion doll and that's what concerns me. HT is doing Hermione as Belle from Disney's live-action "Beauty and The Beast", which is also basically a high-priced fashion doll with a lot of accessories. Not a figure I'm interested in personally, but I'm using it as an example. Some of Leia's costumes have never been made over the course of forty years, and given HT's track record with costumes, I'd really like to see what they could do, but again, some of them would just be a figure in a dress in a box. What accessories could come with them?

Yavin Ceremony- Hasbro made this one in their Portrait Collection, but could be better. Comes with medals? Hopefully a Ceremony Luke will be out too, at least.

Bespin Gown- Supposed to have been an ESB release in Kenner's large scale figure collection, but cancelled. I also remember a very brief rumor she was supposed to show up as a Wal-Mart exclusive during the time of Hasbro's Action Collection.

Ewok Ceremony- Was just made as part of Hasbro's "Forces of Destiny" line, but... I just can't. Would much prefer a more realistic and detailed version. A two pack with Wicket?

Blue dress from TFA, the moment she says, "Rey- May The Force be with you."

Even her new outfit from TLJ. What it come with, besides Porgs, maybe?

Anyway, just interested in other people's thoughts.

I will be in on any Leia we get. As my childhood hero, she is the largest focus in my collection, so I hope to see Hot Toys give us each costume eventually (even an updated Boushh disguise version would be more than welcome in my collection!).

I have Hoth Leia on PO and I would totally get a Boushh disguise as well. Maybe something from TLJ too.

I sort of doubt they'll do things like the ceremonial or Bespin dresses/gowns. I don't think the demand would be high enough to warrant those versions. My guess is we'll get a couple versions from Return of the Jedi (Boushh and the Endor gear are my guesses, maybe Jabba's slave but its iffy) as well as a General Leia from one of the new films.

Some are more iconic than others to me. Putting aside Endor as we know that is coming, Boushh is the only other one I would consider vital and it theoroetically could come with a reasonable amount of accessories and the possibility of an amazing costume and helmet. All others would be nice but not vital. Maybe the Bespin look is my next favorite.

I've never started a thread before, but this is something I've been wondering about, and I thought some other collectors might be interested too, especially considering Carrie Fisher's passing.

Do you think Hot Toys will make all of Leia's costumes? Some of her action oriented outfits are given or already done: The classic ANH gown, Hoth, Bespin Escape (there better be a prisoner/carbonite Han too!), Boussh disguise, Endor, probably her "General Organa" fatigues from TFA. Slave Leia could have her own thread, and probably does. But some of Leia's different looks would amount to a high-priced fashion doll and that's what concerns me. HT is doing Hermione as Belle from Disney's live-action "Beauty and The Beast", which is also basically a high-priced fashion doll with a lot of accessories. Not a figure I'm interested in personally, but I'm using it as an example. Some of Leia's costumes have never been made over the course of forty years, and given HT's track record with costumes, I'd really like to see what they could do, but again, some of them would just be a figure in a dress in a box. What accessories could come with them?

Yavin Ceremony- Hasbro made this one in their Portrait Collection, but could be better. Comes with medals? Hopefully a Ceremony Luke will be out too, at least.

Bespin Gown- Supposed to have been an ESB release in Kenner's large scale figure collection, but cancelled. I also remember a very brief rumor she was supposed to show up as a Wal-Mart exclusive during the time of Hasbro's Action Collection.

Ewok Ceremony- Was just made as part of Hasbro's "Forces of Destiny" line, but... I just can't. Would much prefer a more realistic and detailed version. A two pack with Wicket?

Blue dress from TFA, the moment she says, "Rey- May The Force be with you."

Even her new outfit from TLJ. What it come with, besides Porgs, maybe?

Anyway, just interested in other people's thoughts.

Admit it, you are after the Bikini Slave outfit right???right??? :lol

Deluxe version Jabba the Hutt and chained slave Leia.. no jest!
images.jpg

I'm wondering since the Wonder Woman seamless body turned out pretty good, HT might do Leia as Jabba's prisoner.
Also, would totally get the ceremony version if they did one, even if it would throw my OT shelf off balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Endor and TFA Leia are most likely. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for either version of Bespin Leia. I don't know about Slave Leia. It might be too controversial. It's definitely not the version of Leia that Carrie Fisher was most proud of. I would personally love it if they released Endor Leia with Wicket.

I have ANH Leia.
I have pre-ordered Hoth Leia.
I will pre order the Endor Leia.
Leia Boushh is in my top 3 Hot Toy wants.
I would be interested in a Bespin gown Leia.
I doubt they will make the Slave version and the Ewok Village, medical freighter and Yavin ceremony would not be of interest.

An old version I might consider but the ones above take priority from the Holy Trilogy.

Deluxe version Jabba the Hutt and chained slave Leia.. no jest!
View attachment 375326

:exactly: I think we'll definitely see this made, hopefully by next SDCC. There's no way HT isn't diving into Jabba's Palace. And HT will make Slave Leia. They have the body now, from WW.

Hoping Endor Leia goes up for order soon, and I'd be down for a Bespin Leia for certain! (Gown and Escape versions)

I too have a new hope version and have the hoth on preorder. It's funny. Leia is like my 6th favorite character or so and I already have(sort of) two of her and every preview they show for new ones my first thought is, "I want it". I told myself only two Leias but Endor looks great and I'm not sure I'd say no to Bespin either. Shockingly, I don't care much for slave Leia.

ALL of them? I'm guessing no. They haven't even made ALL of Luke's outfits. ANH, Hoth, Endor and I'm guessing potentially Bespin would be the most.

If they want to make her again, they'll just go back and make 2.0 versions of those, namely ANH with probably a better dress.

I need General Organa...force awakens or last jedi i dont care...i just need to complete the trio from then till now!

I definitely need me some Boushh at some point, along with whatever ends up being her best look from the sequel trilogy. Need an old Leia to join Luke and Han, if only on my shelf. Other than that, I'm good.

Slave Leia I'm not sold on anyway, because I'm not a fan of any of Hot Toys rubber skin figures long term, so despite being iconic I probably wouldn't buy it even if they did make her. Any if they made a Slave Leia with exposed joints it would look pretty terrible to my eyes, so I'd skip that one too. Pretty much can't see any Slave Leia working out too well, no matter how it was done, but I'm always happy to be surprised, so they're welcome to try and prove me wrong. :)

Back