Count Dracula 1/4 Scale Statue by Star Ace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtial

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good to me....I think the face on the 1/6 figure was better though. I wholly disagree about Lee being the face of Dracula, and him setting that image in pop culture. That was Lugosi. Period. But I'm a sucker for anything Dracula, so I POed it.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...acula-count-dracula-star-ace-toys-ltd-903238/

scars-of-dracula-count-dracula-statue-star-ace-903238-07.jpg
scars-of-dracula-count-dracula-statue-star-ace-903238-06.jpg
scars-of-dracula-count-dracula-statue-star-ace-903238-05.jpg
scars-of-dracula-count-dracula-statue-star-ace-903238-02.jpg

Last edited:
Did Star Ace go with a different sculpting/art studio? They had X-Plus do the Harry Potter line. Lately, SA's upcoming figures don't look too good like their "300" Gorgo and Artemisia.

Why does their license revolve around Scars of Dracula? That was a bad movie and the base has it's name for what purpose? Why not "Prince of Darkness" or "Horror of"? I'd buy this but I'm not crazy about the likeness. It could be a lot better. Great idea, just not worth $400+ with that face.

This is just a horrible likeness and pose. I'd buy this without question since I'm a huge Hammer Horror and Lee fan but this is not done well. He looks more like Count Yorga.

countY.jpg

Last edited:
Something about this statue seems off to me. I'm a huge Hammer Horror fan and have been waiting a long time for a 1/4 Lee but this will have to be a pass for me as well. :(

Looks good to me....I think the face on the 1/6 figure was better though. I wholly disagree about Lee being the face of Dracula, and him setting that image in pop culture. That was Lugosi. Period. But I'm a sucker for anything Dracula, so I POed it.

Perhaps in US but I bet in Europe many havent heard of Lugosi.

Perhaps in US but I bet in Europe many havent heard of Lugosi.

That's a good point. I wonder what impact those early universal movies had in other places. I still have to imagine though that they were/are still well known.

And the more I look at this, it looks like it's his cheeks that are bloated. The sculpt for the 1/6 that I have is fantastic. Not sure why this is off, but I hope they tweak it a bit more.

I'd have no idea this was supposed to be Christopher Lee without being told... likeness is off and it's an odd pose. I like the quality of the sculpt, outfit and paint; it has a lot of realism. But w/o a likeness it just doesn't work.

Sideshow’s looked so much better. Wish that had gotten released instead.

Wow, somehow I missed that PF (or forgot about it)... but damn does that look better.

From Star Ace - "The 1/4 scale Christopher Lee is a prototype. We will have a revised head by mid. November."

At least they are listening to feedback...

Ah, I forgot about this. I checked and there has been no update from them that I can find, so I inquired about it.

I don't have facebook, so whatever you find, please feel free to share. The face needs work, the cape needs a collar and the "Scars of Dracula" logo needs to be a separate piece and not permanently engraved into the display base in my opinion.

I don't have facebook, so whatever you find, please feel free to share. The face needs work, the cape needs a collar and the "Scars of Dracula" logo needs to be a separate piece and not permanently engraved into the display base in my opinion.

Will do. And I agree with all of that.

Back