Statue HCG Rocky statue 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
From newsletter Ex 150 pieces. Reg. 500

Attachments

• Rocky-12_400exc.jpg
    Rocky-12_400exc.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Rocky-07.jpg
    Rocky-07.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Rocky-23.jpg
    Rocky-23.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Rocky-10.jpg
    Rocky-10.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Rocky-08.jpg
    Rocky-08.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 358
  • Rocky-03.jpg
    Rocky-03.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
there was a similar Rocky released a few years back but IIRC, the base was a championship belt.

It kind of has that cartoon quality to the head sculpt, similar to their Bill Murray they did for ghostbusters.

The sculpt of the body looks pretty spot on to Stallone, but the head sculpt does look off. Maybe it will look better in-hand. At this point I'm just Happy to see any Rocky or Rambo figures and statues.

052811rocky_stat.jpg This theme is very close to the last 1/4 Rocky III statue HCG made. I would have liked to see them do a Rocky battle damaged in the white with red striped trunks from the original film, or see them do an Apollo Creed statue for the first time. They also did a 1/6 Rocky IV in the flagged trunks, it would be great if if someone did Rocky without the flagged trunks already, that look has been done to death.

The sculpt of the body looks pretty spot on to Stallone, but the head sculpt does look off. Maybe it will look better in-hand. At this point I'm just Happy to see any Rocky or Rambo figures and statues.

Agreed, the head sculpt looks very different from various angles, unfortunately in hand is probably the only way to tell how accurate the likeness is, for whatever reason Stallone's likeness is very hard to get, I don't understand why?

Body looks great. Sculptors often struggle with Stallone's slightly odd physique - squat but with tiny waist and wide lats, and with Rocky IV, extremely jacked!

Face is a little too cartoony. Making it battle damaged with swelling on the eyes and some cuts would actually allow them to disguise that a lot!

The American flag shorts has always been my favorite look. I'd still love for Hot Toys to re-do their old Rocky figures, but I know those days are long gone.

The American flag shorts has always been my favorite look. I'd still love for Hot Toys to re-do their old Rocky figures, but I know those days are long gone.

American flag shorts all the way for me too buddy. I would be happy if a company like Blitzway tackled Rocky in 1/6. HT is all about super heroes and Star Wars, so the figure would probably be done by the HT practice team if they did 2.0 versions. We need the eye of the tiger crew on new versions of Balboa. Like that 1/4 Rocky II statue!!! My vote is for Blitzway.

For this statue the sculpt could use a little work, but for the most part it's there. This should sell pretty well and will be a nice addition for Sly collectors.

Yeah man blitzway would absolutely kill a 1/4 Rocky 3/4 Rocky. They seem to be our last hope, they actually do movie licenses that aren't superhero or Star Wars related. :lol But yeah for what it is, this statue is pretty decent. If anything the paint( mainly the eyes) are somewhat bringing it down.

I think the paint is okay, but not great. They should def go with some damage on the face and adjust the hair. Something like this:

43B6188900000578-4855920-Hard_hitting_The_cancer_survivor_credited_the_character_Rocky_Ba-a-12_1504658657348.jpg

attachment.php

Agreed, giving it some battle damage would go along way to hiding the cartoony face

Yeah battle damage would have differentiated this between their previous version too.

Anyone purchasing this statue? It's now in stock at HCG, I like to see some in hand pics and a review on it.

Back