General Laurel and Hardy figure discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld54

Super Freak
Reaction score
Don't they already have enough licenses that they can't even handle?

22852942_1763803020588156_8969006803650172901_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy this in a second if the sculpts hats and clothes are done right. They would look great with my Abbott and Costello customs.

This gives me hope that someone one day might do the Stooges. Those I would have an interest in, at least the trio with Curly.

Actually very interested in this.

Planned on one day putting together a mini-dio showing the guys with some steps and the piano crate from The Music Box.

I'd love for these to come with both the derby hats and "Sons of the Desert" Fez hats.

Nice to see them get high end figures, but I would think most of their fans are dead or in nursing homes.

You see Laurel and Hardy statues on sale in curio shops for middle aged people who want to buy something to make themselves look more fun. This will appeal to the same market but you wonder whether figures are what that market really wants rather than statues, especially as BCS figures have always felt cheap to me.

I’m sorry to see them adding these: another lisence.
They owe it to their paying customers to get their act in gear and deliver on promises that are over a year old.

I’m getting ready to pull the plug on my preorders and demand cash back (on 8 fully paid figures).

Omg, 8 figures. I thought about cancelling Clara for months before I finally did it, only thing that stopped me earlier was the big loss due to bad conversion rate. Then finally decided to do it anyway. Ordered another figure last week which arrived today, so I actually have something to enjoy now for the money I got back from BC. And I know now to do things a bit differently with pre-orders and especially payment for those.

Glad you got to see something for the cash, instead of the endless reading in their site that these figures are due very soon ... lucky they don’t have El as a customer (blatant Stranger Things gag).

It's a ehhh weird choice, to say the least. Let's be honest here: the overlap between classic film lovers (meaning by that the Golden Age of Hollywood) and 1/6 high end figure collectors is quite small, so no classic figure actor is going to be a fast seller.

But even then my feeling is that they would be sightly more sucessful with something like a Maltese Falcon/Casablanca Bogart or a North by Northwest Cary Grant.

Back