Hot Toys Paint Removal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiggsMcClane

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm curious what some use to remove paint from hot toys bodies. I've tried white spirit and non acetone nail polish on a predator body with no luck. Any other suggestions?

For removing the paint on the Hot Toys John Matrix body I used white spirits and it came off easily, but there are different types of white spirit depending on where in the world you live - unfortunately they're all called the same thing, just with different chemicals. I'll try to remember to check the bottle when I get home, I know I had to search for the correct ingredient when I bought it.

I tried nail polish remover, alcohol, and white spirits. Nothing touched it. Though the white spirits I have are likely mild since they're just meant to clean acrylic from paint brushes. Look forward to hearing what worked for you.

If I can piggyback on this question (from November doesn't sound promising : / )

getting paint off of seamless flexible arms that hot toys has used. not wonder woman but the bare thor or stormriders cloud arms.
wary of damaging the "skin".

any suggestions appreciated!

I used to paint as a hobby. White spirits wont work as it’s more for enamel or oil based paints. I’m thinking Hot Toys uses an acrylic based paint. What may have been used was acetone or alcohol based spirits.

I wouldn’t recommend using that as it could attack whatever rubber they use for their bodies.

Last edited:
try dettol. soak it overnight. try on something expendable first.

Back