Collector's insurance? Any recommendations?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a crazy expensive horror and videogame collection. Is there any reputable insurance companies?

Yes perhaps I'm not using the right terminology, or it may be different for different companies - State Farm has a "personal articles" part of our home insurance policy specifically for smaller high value items such as jewelry.

Yes perhaps I'm not using the right terminology, or it may be different for different companies - State Farm has a "personal articles" part of our home insurance policy specifically for smaller high value items such as jewelry.

Exactly. Although the website above (collectinsure) says they are cheaper than including the items in your home insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how do they know how much your collectibles are worth? do they just go by retail price or what

mas5acre, I have my statues insured and I just go through my regular homeowners insurance. The policy cost per year is low, it's totally worth it in my opinion. I have a spreadsheet of what I paid for the items that they keep on file. I update that with them as I need to. To find out what the collection is actually worth, I would think you would have to have a professional appraisal. I didn't go that far but I guess it's possible to have something like that done. It's just my opinion but I would be apprehensive to go with someone other than who you are use to dealing with.

mas5acre, I have my statues insured and I just go through my regular homeowners insurance. The policy cost per year is low, it's totally worth it in my opinion. I have a spreadsheet of what I paid for the items that they keep on file. I update that with them as I need to. To find out what the collection is actually worth, I would think you would have to have a professional appraisal. I didn't go that far but I guess it's possible to have something like that done. It's just my opinion but I would be apprehensive to go with someone other than who you are use to dealing with.

its not that hard unless they are ultra rare pieces. Most everything you can find prices for on eBay.

ok what I want to know is what is the process of buying insurance? like if you have lots of pieces, do you list them one by one and have them look it up on ebay????? sounds impractical. but how else can they insure their worth? If you use a spreadsheet and keep track of how much you paid, do you also have the receipts on hand? if not whats the point?

Back