Justice League sequel - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
J.K. Simmons says Justice League 2 script is being written

[SUP]Source: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/10/j-k-simmons-says-justice-league-2-script-is-being-written/[/SUP]

When Warner Bros. first announced its slate for the DC Extended Universe, the studio’s big team up Justice League was initially revealed as a two-parter, only for plans to change in the wake of the mixed reception to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

However, it seems that the studio is still intent on reuniting its DC heroes for a second outing, with J.K. Simmons – who is playing the character of Commissioner Gordon – revealing that work is already underway on a script for the sequel.

“This is the first Justice League movie – we hope – of a few,” states Simmons via CosmicBookNews. “They’re working on scripts for The Batman and for the next Justice League movie. It introduces my incarnation of Commissioner Gordon. I don’t have a lot to do. I feel like I just dipped my toe in the water of who Commissioner Gordon will be.”

xwettnhpmn5p3zodzy04.0.jpg

I'm sure this was leaked in an attempt to give more importance to JL right before it's released. If JL bombs then this will never see the light of day.

I think Wonder Woman threw a spanner into any reboot hopes by being generally well received.

Definitely an odd conundrum for WB now.

They are currently filming the Aquabro film, so if they're planning to reboot the franchise by changing the tone and look of the films, they may have already started with Joss-tice League.

I'm sure this was leaked in an attempt to give more importance to JL right before it's released. If JL bombs then this will never see the light of day.
I think the rumors of a Fantastic Four X-Men crossover came out just shortly before the release of the trank version of the Fantastic Four. Unfortunately that wasn't enough to overcome the terrible horrible no good very bad movie that was released. And remember the Sinister Six and Aunt May super spy movies that are being discussed for the Sony Amazing Spider-Man franchise?
I think Wonder Woman threw a spanner into any reboot hopes by being generally well received.
DC tried to have its cake and eat it too with its Flashpoint reboot. From what I could tell anyway, they pulled together all the stuff they like from the existing Canon, tossed away the stuff they didn't, and there you had it. And that way you could more or less keep Wonderwoman the way it is totally scrap Superman, change Batman's story up significantly so he doesn't seem so Snyder-fied, get rid of that terrible looking Aquaman, etc. The trickier thing in my mind is somehow dealing with the success of Suicide Squad. The movie was just so badly made yet they're going to have to try and synthesize the fact that that movie exists in the same universe as Wonder Woman. Cuz both were big hits. Not sure exactly how they could do that.
Just have Wonder Woman replace Flash in the Flashpoint reboot.

WB, pay me.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Even though I love the Snyderverse, I've come to terms with the fact that [the morons] at WB don't. So I don't think JL2 will happen.

I think what we're getting is a soft reboot via Flashpoint - where Barry will visit a new DCEU which the audience will learn is [moronically] the original DCEU. The bright, happy go lucky DCEU that Diana belongs to and left for some bull**** reason. That's how they'll explain Affleck & Leto's departure (because the Batman & Joker of said DCEU won't look like Affleck and Leto).

The whole thing is garbage. But that's technically what "JL2" will be. An unnecessary soft reboot for the annoying SJWs that thought Snyder's films were too depressing (and masculine).

They're going to pull a JJ Trek alternate-verse?

Do studios believe that audiences cannot separate themselves from the past? Can they not accept a 'reboot'? Then how do they explain Burton's Batman vs. Nolan's Batman? No one seems to have a problem with those existing at the same time. Does it all confuse Millennials, is that why? Conflicting stories -- one of them must be 'fake'?

Why would WB want to maintain in any fashion a universe no one seems to like much? Let it go as the song says.

They're going to pull a JJ Trek alternate-verse?

Do studios believe that audiences cannot separate themselves from the past? Can they not accept a 'reboot'? Then how do they explain Burton's Batman vs. Nolan's Batman? No one seems to have a problem with those existing at the same time. Does it all confuse Millennials, is that why? Conflicting stories -- one of them must be 'fake'?

Why would WB want to maintain in any fashion a universe no one seems to like much? Let it go as the song says.

This.

Why do you need to have a universe or canon at all? Life is too short and boring for "continuity". As long as a writer or filmmaker's pitch and story is great and filmmable, why not just go for it.

I didn't like MoS, BvS and Suicide Squad and it was nothing to do with SJWism. In hindsight MoS is probably the best of those but I still don't like it as the world's introduction to Superman. I think an event like that should have been Superman's second or even third film. Doomsday should have been a movie all by himself and not wasted in 15 minutes at the end of a movie called Batman V Superman.

All of this said, much as I didn't like any of that, changing the tone completely with WW and Justice League is jarring and a bit on the stupid side.

Basically I think they've ****ed the whole thing. I'll never rate any of it highly. Even a full reboot of everything at this point would be hampered by how late coming it would be - superhero saturation and so on.

a-dev speaks the truth. I'm guessing that all DCEU films from here on out will be a "one and done at the theater, pass on the blu-ray" for me. Even though I enjoyed WW the one time I saw it at the theater I'm finding myself not really caring if and when I ever see it again. I don't really care about JL, don't care if they make "The Batman," none of it. Time to give the whole thing a break IMO.

Back