Prop HCG Blade Runner 2049 Tomenosuke Blaster (Officially Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luminous

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I first saw this new run promoted back in March. Was surprised to find out HCG still had the Tomenosuke Blaster available. Equally as surprised to see very little chatter about it. I've always wanted one of these so I placed an order.

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16598&cat=0&page=

bladerunner_700_02.jpg

bladerunner_700_01.jpg

bladerunner_700_08.jpg

bladerunner_700_11.jpg

bladerunner_700_14.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats man. I got to handle one of these a few years ago and it's pure awesome sauce. The weight, the detail, everything about is just off the charts.

I always thought that looked really good when I first saw it years ago. I was wondering with the new film release if they're going to do an updated version of K's gun.

Last edited:
Congrats man. I got to handle one of these a few years ago and it's pure awesome sauce. The weight, the detail, everything about is just off the charts.

Thanks. I've always heard of how impressive the weight of this prop is. Can't wait to finally hold it.

I always thought that looked really good when I first saw it years ago. I was wondering with the new film release if they're going to do an updated version of K's gun.

Man, I would absolutely love for them to do a replica of K's gun. That carbon fiber grip is sexy as hell. Plus part of it kinda reminds me of the Moonhawk hand cannon in Destiny.

That looks hard!
I'd love to have one that fired live ammo.

Apparently it's possible to have a working version of this gun. A lot of these prop releases had the gun barrel filled in and don't include a firing pin. However, since the actual movie prop was constructed from a Bulldog and the receiver of a Steyr Mannlicher, a lot of fans constructed their own BR blaster. I imagine going that route would give you a functional firearm.

Apparently it's possible to have a working version of this gun. A lot of these prop releases had the gun barrel filled in and don't include a firing pin. However, since the actual movie prop was constructed from a Bulldog and the receiver of a Steyr Mannlicher, a lot of fans constructed their own BR blaster. I imagine going that route would give you a functional firearm.

Woah thanks for the heads up.
I'll have to look into this.

I have several modified versions of the Tomen. I highly, highly recommend them. Stunning replicas with major upgrade potential.

Here are a couple of mine:

WorldCon_WIP_1.jpeg

Tomenosuke Pro prop blaster m2019.jpg

Never even thought it could be converted that way. For the asking price I always thought I could get a "real" gun but I don't feel the need to buy another firearm. A fully functional blaster is pretty cool though.

I have several modified versions of the Tomen. I highly, highly recommend them. Stunning replicas with major upgrade potential.

Here are a couple of mine:

View attachment 373030

View attachment 373031

Yeah, I've seen your collection. Impressive is an understatement.

Never even thought it could be converted that way. For the asking price I always thought I could get a "real" gun but I don't feel the need to buy another firearm. A fully functional blaster is pretty cool though.

Not sure it's as simple as combining the two guns, but I believe it's possible. I did see an old YouTube vid of someone firing a BR designed gun at a shooting range. Never found out what his specs were.

Hey guys found the thread thought I'd chime in I also placed my order.
I've seen a lot of these going for a lot more on eBay made by the same company just wondering if there's a big difference

Essentially this is the exact proper use them the latest movie but it still this version from the first movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys found the thread thought I'd chime in I also placed my order.
I've seen a lot of these going for a lot more on eBay made by the same company just wondering if there's a big difference

Essentially this is the exact proper use them the latest movie but it still this version from the first movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. The only thing I've heard will be different is the packaging. Just hoping the rumors I've heard are true about a foam insert instead of the gun simply being wrapped in bubble wrap.

What kind of stand you guys would have for this blaster? I saw the ones offered in HCG website, but is there anything better?

Just placed my order. Sci-fi replica weapons are without question one of my single favorite items to collect and this is without question one of the nicest replica's I have seen to date. I rank it right up there with Weta's District 9 weapons and Triforce's M-8 Assault Rifle. And I love that its doesn't scream sci-fi like most of my other pieces from IP"s like District 9, Halo, Gears of War, etc. Its like a gun you would expect to see in the near future. Unfortunately, I have to do a payment plan as I just have way too many other pieces on order so it will be awhile before its actually in hand, but can't wait for that day. Just a stunning piece!!

What kind of stand you guys would have for this blaster? I saw the ones offered in HCG website, but is there anything better?

I haven't started looking into stands yet, but I think I want something a little different than the one on HCG's site. Might also have an engraved plaque made.

Possible update on the packaging. New pic of Shinji Tomenosuke with his book and a new blaster box:

New Tomen 2049 box art.jpg

Official box art:

Tomen 2049 box art.jpg

These have started to ship out and pics of them in collector's hands have to started to surface. Hopefully I'll get mine in the next couple of weeks.

Back