Plans for wrapping up your MCU HT collecting? What's else do you want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
With sometimes more than year long waits between pre-orders and shipping 1/6 Hot Toys collecting has trained us to be looking ahead and so when I see my collections I am always imagining what’s next and where it might go and how it will be displayed with my collection. With that said I have 17 Marvel figures, all Hot Toys except for Luke Cage, and I am finding my list for what I still want getting shorter and shorter. Perhaps I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my Marvel movie collecting.

I don’t collect a lot of duplicate characters and I try to collect versions of the figures which feel most “iconic” or remind me most of their classic comic look, so with most of these figures I don’t need the “latest and greatest”. For instance, I think the new gladiator Thor looks really awesome, but I am more than happy with mu AOU Thor, so I am not going to replace him or get a duplicate of the character. So looking ahead here are the characters I still have on my radar and most have not even been announced yet…

I do have Iron Mark VI on preorder (I own the diecast III, and the 33), besides my War Machines (and I plan to sell my Mk2) those three Iron Man figures will likely be my only Iron Man figures.

I also have SpiderMan from homecoming on pre-order. This will be my second Spiderman after my Sam Rami version. I wasn’t planning on having 2 SpiderMan(s) but the homecoming version just looked too awesome, and was too significant as the MCU version, to pass up.

Black Panther is on my radar. I skipped the Civil War release to wait for the solo movie version. I am hoping for an unmasked version with more accessories and a Black Panther themed base rather than Civil War.

After that Ant Man and Wasp are the only two I may consider. I passed on the other versions of Ant Man (I do have a little version) but the pair of these might be too hard to resist after their movie comes out.

I haven’t collected any of the Guardians though the figures look awesome and I love the movies so I think I might be less tempted to get some of the cosmic characters of the MCU we may see from Marvel in the future. Captain Marvel may be the exception, but that might depend on how much I like the movie when it finally comes out.

So, I am not sure how much is left that I want from Marvel after that? Maybe if Fantastic Four ever comes back to the MCU I would jump on those, but not sure there is much else I am looking forward to or hoping for? Anyone else feeling the same way? Anyone else see the light at the end of the tunnel for their Marvel MCU Hot Toys collecting? What’s left on your list of wants and must haves for MCU Hot Toys figures and is that list growing shorter like mine is?

With the release of Punisher and Spidey on pre-order I can say I am happy with what I have and what has been released. I am like you in that I just want one "iconic" look for each character. All that said if they do an Elektra I will grab her. I am considering a Hela but HT's track record for releasing villains isn't great lately. So I can say I am almost done with the MCU.

There are a few things I'd wish they made that won't seem like to ever happen, which is really on Marvel's side of things for the most part. I would have preferred a more comic accurate Ultron, with Thanos looking like a farmer in promos, it doesnt look like we're getting a standard Thanos figure with gauntlet, and I would have loved if HT actually distributed Yellowjacket.

There are alot of things too that I would love to have as a HT that probably won't ever happen; comic style wolverine, juggernaut, doc ock, dr doom, and maybe an apocolypse. I'm still holding out for a great Thanos figure with gauntlet, but other than that I would say I'm pretty much done.

The only MCU figures I'd want from HT are Ragnarok Loki, Hela, Corvus Glaive, and maybe Thanos if I like him in the movies enough. None of those have been announced yet, so unless any of them do see release, I guess I'm already done.

I try to get one of each iconic hero character, so perhaps Wasp, Captain Marvel, and a Iron Fist. I’d love to see some more X-Men, though, or a good Fantastic Four (non-MCU, I know).

I try to get one of each iconic hero character, so perhaps Wasp, Captain Marvel, and a Iron Fist. I’d love to see some more X-Men, though, or a good Fantastic Four (non-MCU, I know).

Summed it up for me nicely.

I will be slowing down after IW but if it's a character with a really good costume design, I'll take it.

I would love a comic fantastic four line, especially with Doom, Namor, and the skrulls. But not the movie versions of FF, which means we are depending on sideshow, and I don't think they can pull off thing in 1/6.
IF 3A tried for more comic interpretation, they could pull off a 1/6 thing...hmmm.

As a big fan of the fantastic four way back in the 80s to maybe 1990, it's sad they are not a part of the Disney movies. I don't even think they publish the comic anymore.

Nice topic.

For me, I think it may be MCU wrapping it up for me more so than me wrapping up my MCU collecting. With the inevitable transition away from the main Avengers, I find myself wondering who else besides Spider-Man is someone that I can see myself collecting through phase 4?

Though my collecting path may have taken turns, there's always been one clear train of thought: I want the HoA in diecast and I want a team. I'll have multiple IM to choose from, I have battling Cap, I have Homecoming Spidey on PO, and I'm just waiting to see what may be in store for Thor and Hulk (though at this point I'm pretty convinced it'll be AoU Thor and A1 Hulk).

After that, I'll just see what comes out. I've always been a collector; trading cards, comics, sneakers, etc., now HT; and I've never actively decided "okay, I will quit now." I just let my personal interests drive my decisions.

This is a hobby, I like it because it's driven by enjoyment. If I have to think too much I'll start stressing over delays, be mad that certain characters aren't being made, argue that more accessories should've been included, and flip tables because my toy has a hint of Paul Walker in my Hemsworth sculpt. Once the MCU sucks and/or HT is producing a figure I feel isn't worth my money, I'll be perfectly happy to move on with my life.

I hear ya, and in general, I see my collection almost wrapping up so to speak especially with Marvel HT. After HB and baby Groot I don't have any more Marvel HT pre-orders.
In fact this year my preorder list (not just HT) was over a dozen and has trickled down now to just a few.

But if they did a better HT Ghost Rider (non Robbie style) I would look into it. I like the Robbie detail, but don't like his costume. And I didn't like the Cage version.
Combining the two would be way more expensive than just getting a new one IF they ever did one...but doubt it.

Might get Captain Marvel if they make her. But other than that, if I really don't have much else to get for Marvel I might see if Avengers HE and BW go on sale. I wouldn't mind completing that team since right now I've settled for just the big 4.

Geez..it was a simple question, not a life-changing epiphany... Ease up there with the "life-choices" type of thing..lmao

Lol feel free to ignore my "life-changing" post just like I, and I'm sure other members, ignore your rude posts.

Nice topic.

For me, I think it may be MCU wrapping it up for me more so than me wrapping up my MCU collecting. With the inevitable transition away from the main Avengers, I find myself wondering who else besides Spider-Man is someone that I can see myself collecting through phase 4?
yeah... phase 4 may change the focus on the characters and that's okay, but I may be phasing out my collection as they phase out the classic Avengers. (And I have the versions of these characters I want any way, so in a way it doesn't matter).

Might get Captain Marvel if they make her. But other than that, if I really don't have much else to get for Marvel I might see if Avengers HE and BW go on sale. I wouldn't mind completing that team since right now I've settled for just the big 4.

Captain Marvel is a question mark for me too- of course it's way early to know for sure. I have AOU Hawkeye, and Winter soldier Widow and love them both.

MCU Currently Have: AoU: (Cap, Mk43, Hulk, Vision), DW: (Thor"Armored", Loki), GotG: (Groot, Rocket, Quill, Thanos), Ant Man(Mk1), Bruce Banner, Doctor Strange, "Star Spangled Man" Cap

MCU PO's: HC SpiderMan, Yondu, Gladiator Hulk, Punisher, DD

MCU Wants: Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Red Skull

MCU Wishlist (Both existing characters and future rumors): Wasp, Executioner, Beta Ray Bill, Moonknight..... I think I'm done at this point, unless an MCU Spiderman has a new Green Goblin.

Geez..it was a simple question, not a life-changing epiphany... Ease up there with the "life-choices" type of thing..lmao

how-about-a-cup-of-mind-your-own-business.jpg

Back