Action Figure WJT Toys 1/6 Scale The Disguiser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkKnightOmega72

Super Freak
Reaction score
01-02.jpg

01-03.jpg

01-04.jpg

01-05.jpg

01-06.jpg

01-07.jpg

01-08.jpg

01-09.jpg

01-10.jpg

02-01.jpg

PRICE: 145 USD
Q1 2018

Features:

Intelligent arm body

Head sculpt

Right hand X2

Left Intelligent hand X2

Gas mask

Desert goggles

Night vision

Walk One player

D-Droid

Watch

Handgun

Holster

Chicken helmet

Dagger

Scabbard

Cigar

Battle fatigues
Black Thermal Underwear
Scarf

Military sundries bag

Black DB Shoulder X2

Black knee pads

Tactical chest hanging

Tactical boots double

About time....

Not familiar with WJT toys but looks nice and really good price.

Just received my invoice from Kit, he should arrive to him by the end of the week.
Its been a long wait, I was afraid it got cancelled after Lim Toys made a similar figure.

Just received my invoice from Kit, he should arrive to him by the end of the week.
Its been a long wait, I was afraid it got cancelled after Lim Toys made a similar figure.

To be honest I think Lim Toys was first than WJL.

WJL showed the promo pics to early. It took almost a year to be release. LIM TOYS showed the prom pics after WJL but they released them on the market after few months :)

And as I remeber @Firejclawjack had hard time with WJL company, they used his work (he wasn't happy about the final product) so he made his own company called Lim Toys.

I'd like to see some real photos of this Disguiser.
LIM TOYS made a great figure, but I'm interested in a military combat suit Venom, so I don't won't to get him as an expensive two-pack or cloth set + expensive body and head.
The second market is very unpleasant this days and you have to chose carefully. I have too many projects to spend 300$+ into one figure.

And as I remeber @Firejclawjack had hard time with WJL company, they used his work (he wasn't happy about the final product) so he made his own company called Lim Toys.

How do you know that?
Is there a link to check what happened?

New photos from Kit's fb.

Firejclawjack posted and tell us the stories, I forgot it's on this thread or the subsistence custom thread

I don't have the time to search threads, if you have a link it would be most helpful.
On a note, listening to a person's story about a dispute with another, doesn't make him right.
We have to listen to both sides before we make any conclusions.

New photos from Kit's fb.

I don't have the time to search threads, if you have a link it would be most helpful.
On a note, listening to a person's story about a dispute with another, doesn't make him right.
We have to listen to both sides before we make any conclusions.

Even now he's talking about how his work was used in the "Metal Gear Solid collectibles" thread

LOL
It seems that I expected too much from them.They recast my eyepatch and horn
But overall it’s still like rubbish

Post #30404

Even now he's talking about how his work was used in the "Metal Gear Solid collectibles" thread

Post #30404

I searched and red what FJ has said.
From what I understand he had a partnership with Worldbox in making an MGSV Snake using his prototypes.
He wasn't satisfied with their craftsmanship/result, so he sold all his prototype work to them.
He then created LimToys, produced another better MGSV Snake figure with different reworked models.
Now he accuses them of copying & stealing some of his last work, saying their figure is junk.

We don't know what really happened, as this is one side of a story.
To tell you the truth I don't care to find out what really happened.
But I will tell you why I chose the Disguiser:

The 1st MGS game was the game that brought me to consoles, 'cause when I 1st saw it I knew I wanted to play it.
I haven't ever owned a console at the moment, so the 1st Playstation was bought in order to play the game.
I greatly enjoyed it and finished it, but for various reasons I didn't have the chance to play the rest of the games.
For years now I waited for someone to make an MGS Snake version from the 1st game (official or not), with no luck.
Kojima left Konami, so it means no other games in the universe will be made with his seal.
So when both MGSV Snakes were announced (Lim/Wjl) I decided to buy one figure from the last MGS game Kojima was involved.
I only wanted a BDU version, so getting the Disguiser version was a no brainer, 'cause if I wanted the same version from Lim
I would have to spend $320 (getting 2 figures though I know, but I don't care about the biker version).
Now there is the Lim Double Phantom Edition Figure Set which costs $240 (2 figures again,
but missing a 2nd body and maybe some other acc), but again it's too pricey for me to spend on one character.
Not to mention that spending that kind of money usually it means you are doing it for an official figure, which is not the case.
From the 1st in hand photos of the hs of the Disguiser I see that the quality is not on par with Lim.
For the rest of the figure I really can't judge from the photos, I will wait to have him in hand to decide.
So yes I probably am getting an inferior figure, but with $120 which is at least half
of what I would have to pay for a Lim BDU version.
If the Disguiser hs is crap, I will cover it with his gas mask/night vision/desert goggles/scarf and be happy with him in my Detolf.

From what I understand he had a partnership with Worldbox in making an MGSV Snake using his prototypes.
He wasn't satisfied with their craftsmanship/result, so he sold all his prototype work to them.
He then created LimToys, produced another better MGSV Snake figure with different reworked models.
Now he accuses them of copying & stealing some of his last work, saying their figure is junk.

The 1st MGS game was the game that brought me to consoles, 'cause when I 1st saw it I knew I wanted to play it.
I haven't ever owned a console at the moment, so the 1st Playstation was bought in order to play the game.
I greatly enjoyed it and finished it, but for various reasons I didn't have the chance to play the rest of the games.
For years now I waited for someone to make an MGS Snake version from the 1st game (official or not), with no luck.
Kojima left Konami, so it means no other games in the universe will be made with his seal.
So when both MGSV Snakes were announced (Lim/Wjl) I decided to buy one figure from the last MGS game Kojima was involved.
I only wanted a BDU version, so getting the Disguiser version was a no brainer, 'cause if I wanted the same version from Lim
I would have to spend $320 (getting 2 figures though I know, but I don't care about the biker version).
Now there is the Lim Double Phantom Edition Figure Set which costs $240 (2 figures again,
but missing a 2nd body and maybe some other acc), but again it's too pricey for me to spend on one character.
Not to mention that spending that kind of money usually it means you are doing it for an official figure, which is not the case.
From the 1st in hand photos of the hs of the Disguiser I see that the quality is not on par with Lim.
For the rest of the figure I really can't judge from the photos, I will wait to have him in hand to decide.
So yes I probably am getting an inferior figure, but with $120 which is at least half
If the Disguiser hs is crap, I will cover it with his gas mask/night vision/desert goggles/scarf and be happy with him in my Detolf.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure, the limtoys set does come with a second body, and all the accessories that come with big boss (the biker version) with the exception of the standard cigar are for venom snake (BDU version) since big boss doesn't do much in the game other than smoke a cigar and ride a motor cycle. and yeh venom snake (BDU version) looks cooler I do think big boss is more iconic to the series so I think for me personally its a win win going with limtoys.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure, the limtoys set does come with a second body, and all the accessories that come with big boss (the biker version) with the exception of the standard cigar are for venom snake (BDU version) since big boss doesn't do much in the game other than smoke a cigar and ride a motor cycle. and yeh venom snake (BDU version) looks cooler I do think big boss is more iconic to the series so I think for me personally its a win win going with limtoys.

Was it nessasary to quote that long ass comment when you're the first reply and it's on the same page?

Back