New In Town.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Spidey

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Already posted in questions thread so please delete that one,haha
Hi, I'm really excited to become part of the community. I'm mainly here to collect Marvel and Star Wars but Wonder Woman look too cool to pass up! The new Spider-Man is what caused me to sell a collection in order to hop over here!

I also had a question about acquiring sideshow/hot toys in other countries. I was thinking about moving to Canada soon and was wondering how to get around that pesky import/mail tax on sales.

I also had a question about acquiring sideshow/hot toys in other countries. I was thinking about moving to Canada soon and was wondering how to get around that pesky import/mail tax on sales.

The best thing that I can suggest is to buy from distributors situated in Canada. If you're willing, eBay's a great option as well because many sellers from across the border won't opt into the website's Global Shipping Program, meaning (at least in my experience) there's no brokerage upon arrival as there would be from a US retailer or someone who doesn't. Otherwise, you could ask US vendors to mark your shipments as gifts or low in value, although most won't because of possible legal repercussions.

Wish I could be of more help but these are the methods I'm aware of. Maybe another Canadian has something to contribute?

Oh, and welcome!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, DS!
wavesmile.gif

Back