Statue Dejah Thoris inspired by J Scott

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QX403

Super Freak
Reaction score

Attachments

• 57902D4A-40F1-41A8-A44C-8C6EA9A2EB6F.jpeg
    57902D4A-40F1-41A8-A44C-8C6EA9A2EB6F.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 429
  • F4218CB8-9A80-4C95-A694-2DB1C0D43162.jpeg
    F4218CB8-9A80-4C95-A694-2DB1C0D43162.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 418
:goodpost:

Great news! I have been looking for a Dejah Thoris statue for a long time. I missed the chance to grab the one from the previous Women of Dynamite series. BTW if some is selling one hit me PM. Hope they continue doing this series with more characters.

:goodpost:

Great news! I have been looking for a Dejah Thoris statue for a long time. I missed the chance to grab the one from the previous Women of Dynamite series. BTW if some is selling one hit me PM. Hope they continue doing this series with more characters.

I know there are a couple on eBay but the special editions, BBTS has Purgatory which is probably the nicest statue they’ve made so far.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/19208

Also saw somebody post these of the New Mamegyorai aka Gecco Vampirella, looks really nice.A57BC33E-7D24-4501-8C8D-A83312AF9759.jpeg13816128-BCC4-4593-91F5-0DD3B502CF6C.jpeg59DFC03E-85A1-4960-B175-B8D764407C47.jpeg

I have been dying for a Dejah Thoris release. Its easily in my top 3 most wanted female statues, but I refuse to buy another piece from this line. Maybe if I can get it for 50% off, I might consider it. I will most likely hold out for a Premium Format DT. Dynamite really screwed the pooch with this line, in so many ways.

I have been dying for a Dejah Thoris release. Its easily in my top 3 most wanted female statues, but I refuse to buy another piece from this line. Maybe if I can get it for 50% off, I might consider it. I will most likely hold out for a Premium Format DT. Dynamite really screwed the pooch with this line, in so many ways.

What do you mean? The only screwed up one was the first Vampirella, all the others are pretty top notch especially Deja holding her sword up and Purgatory.

What do you mean? The only screwed up one was the first Vampirella, all the others are pretty top notch especially Deja holding her sword up and Purgatory.

Yeah, the very first statue in a line that a lot of people were excited about and they screwed the pooch big time. It took forever to get replacements to collectors, made it a pain in the a** to get a refund if you didn't want a replacement (I had to make a claim with my credit card), thier releasing 4 versions of each statue (regular, black and white, diamond eye, & artist proof), and the paint app's I have seen on the other statues weren't that great either. They might not have been as ridiculously bad as Vampirella, but they certainly weren't up to the level that I would be satisfied with given the prices. Jungle Girl is the only one I have seen in person that actually looked really good. I am a HUGE Turner fan and wanted to buy Purgatori, even after the horrid Vampirella experience, but the paint app on the one I saw in person was extremely unimpressive.

Yeah, the very first statue in a line that a lot of people were excited about and they screwed the pooch big time. It took forever to get replacements to collectors, made it a pain in the a** to get a refund if you didn't want a replacement (I had to make a claim with my credit card), thier releasing 4 versions of each statue (regular, black and white, diamond eye, & artist proof), and the paint app's I have seen on the other statues weren't that great either. They might not have been as ridiculously bad as Vampirella, but they certainly weren't up to the level that I would be satisfied with given the prices. Jungle Girl is the only one I have seen in person that actually looked really good. I am a HUGE Turner fan and wanted to buy Purgatori, even after the horrid Vampirella experience, but the paint app on the one I saw in person was extremely unimpressive.

The paint app on my Purgatory is alsmost flawless, I can take some close up pictures if you like. I think BBTS has some still I wouldn’t let one bad experience ruin for you, I wouldn’t be buying anymore Sideshow statues if that was the case and they’ve thrown out a couple poor experiences. They still have some nice products though.

The paint app on my Purgatory is alsmost flawless, I can take some close up pictures if you like. I think BBTS has some still I wouldn’t let one bad experience ruin for you, I wouldn’t be buying anymore Sideshow statues if that was the case and they’ve thrown out a couple poor experiences. They still have some nice products though.

Can confirm that Purgatori came out amazingly well, and for that matter, all the other WoD pieces that I have are all top notch in terms of execution, and are just gorgeous - definitely one of my favorite sets... I'm totally looking forward to the new Dejah Thoris!

Purgatori 1 sm.jpg

Jungle Girl 2 sm.jpg

Dynamite Sonja 2 sm.jpg

Dejah Thoris 1 sm.jpg

I'm not saying that good one's don't exist. I'm sure they do. I just havent seen the consistancy with that line that would make me want to take a chance on purchasing another statue from the line. If you have had a good expereince and you really like that line, all the power to you. I guess its no different from the people that dislike Sideshow. I recieved over 20 statues in a row from Sideshow (before Huntress and the cape issue) that were absolutely flawless and were either spot on with the protoype or very close. And you have others that complain about Sideshow's quality control and have had bad expereinces and no longer buy from Sideshow like they once did. It all depends on one's experience and I have just not had a good expereince with the Women of Dynamite line at all, both with the statue I have purchased myself and the statues I have seen others purchase.

Hey gang.

We're going to be launching this one on Kickstarter for a VERY brief, limited campaign starting Monday (May 21) as a way of offering some very big discounts on ALL THREE VERSIONS of this piece-- the regular edition, the black and white edition, and the faux bronze version. Will post a link once it goes live, but we only plan to run it for FIVE DAYS, and there will be an EXTREMELY limited number of "Early Bird" rewards offering even DEEPER discounts for those who back first.

-Dynamite

Hey gang.

We're going to be launching this one on Kickstarter for a VERY brief, limited campaign starting Monday (May 21) as a way of offering some very big discounts on ALL THREE VERSIONS of this piece-- the regular edition, the black and white edition, and the faux bronze version. Will post a link once it goes live, but we only plan to run it for FIVE DAYS, and there will be an EXTREMELY limited number of "Early Bird" rewards offering even DEEPER discounts for those who back first.

-Dynamite

Link is LIVE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dynamiteent/dejah-thoris-statue-by-j-scott-campbell

Thanks for the heads up. I already missed out on the $100 price for Dejah. Crazy!

Back