Fell Beast Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 699$ not 799$
but Smaug was 399$, already expensive for a bust...
Too expensive, even if he is amazing, but with a huge statue coming out every month, with that price increase, I have to say stop!

This is close to 1/6 scale...ordered..thank you Weta flex pay,...will look great next to a ringwraith or Morgul lord.....mm hmm

I love the edition sizes...wish it was 500 instead of 750...but still happy

Sideshow gave us a nice big 1/6 scale Balrog and cave troll..

I am thinking in the line of them doing more beasts in this bust form. You get a nice closer look a the details. Sort of the closest thing to the old Sideshow Legendary Scale busts of the Balrog and Cave Troll.

Ridiculous price. Maybe would go for it at $500 tops. Patience. Just like the Smaug bust, my guess is that this'll be on sale in 2019 for cheaper.

pre-ordered mine...this thing is going to get a lot of value once it sell out. my smaug bust is going to have some competition.

who ever thinks this is going to be available within a year, good luck with that.

This one is an LE of 750 and LOTR. A much different situation.

Asking twice the price of Smaug is still pretty greedy(Smaug was $349 when it first was up for order) and considering they had to discount the Smaug bust heavily to get rid of them I don't see this selling out without some similar help.

Last edited:
I see your point. I think there is more appeal with a set ES than an open edition like Smaug. Not to mention the Smaug statue itself was also pulling sales from the bust as some people prefer full sculpts to busts. There is also the fact that many did not care for Smaug himself more than they did for mosts of the LOTR beasts.

We'll see how this fares during this year's Thanksgiving sales.

I see your point. I think there is more appeal with a set ES than an open edition like Smaug. Not to mention the Smaug statue itself was also pulling sales from the bust as some people prefer full sculpts to busts. There is also the fact that many did not care for Smaug himself more than they did for mosts of the LOTR beasts.

We'll see how this fares during this year's Thanksgiving sales.

Yes, a set ES is almost always preferable and maybe would increase cost to produce per piece, but still wanting DOUBLE? Smaug bust came out well after the full statue as I recall, so I don't see much overlap and people who don't collect busts won't care about this either. I had both and even though I like full figs most of the time I sold the full Smaug and kept the bust. Something about that goofy odd shaped base they try to use instead of just giving you a base and a wall mount doesn't work as well with this as it did with Smaug might be another reason it isn't sitting right with me.

Back