1/4 Scale Universal Monster kits!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool! The Creature pose is very similar to the Cinemaquette.

I don't think I'm confident enough in my painting skills yet to pay that much for a model. Not bad pricing though.

the mummy and Creature look great. If they were limited, it would force me to grab them now.

Kit kong has great pieces. Glad he finally made a website and that sale rules I'm eyeing a couple but probably won't purchase in time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Do it Ryan!
I know you have the skills to bring these pieces to life.
Honestly... I have a painter to paint one of these beauts up for me. Don't want to ruin the magic of these sculpts. I'll wait because I swear around the same time black heart models has a sale too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes I will be painting it myself.

If this was sold by sideshow or any other company it would be $799 fully finished. What a joke.

I agree it's a great price. I'm not an expert painter but I could do it I'm sure. I've been painting a lot lately.

I agree it's a great price. I'm not an expert painter but I could do it I'm sure. I've been painting a lot lately.

I'm positive you can do it. Painting is not rocket science. Base coat + Layers + transitions until it looks like what you want to see.

There surely are levels to painting like any other art, but you don't need to be a Lord of the Paints to make this thing look good.

Last edited:
I'm positive you can do it. Painting is not rocket science. Base coat + Layers + transitions until it looks like what you want to see.

They're surely are levels to painting like any other art, but you don't need to be a Lord of the Paints to make this thing look good.

I just did this mask...not a masterpiece, but my first latex pj. Off thread topic, sorry.

cc69ebd54bcc7c4a4409a5b1b3ee7f59.jpg

600ee913b24f3e49172a091fadf51f63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resin kits are usually glued together with Super Glue. You can use epoxy putty to blend the seams. That's the way all the pre-paint companies do it.

Resin kits are usually glued together with Super Glue. You can use epoxy putty to blend the seams. That's the way all the pre-paint companies do it.

Agree!

Everyone recommens zap-a-gap because that what Randy Bowen uses. I've never seen that brand in my life. Any Super glue will work but aves apoxie sculpt is what I will be using. Concrete-like bond and you can hide seams with ease. It's just a great product to have in the home for fixes repairs...ect. I've used apoxie sculpt many times to fix this and that around the house. Stopped an unstoppable leak in my shower, when NOTHING else worked even that ******** flex seal.

Here's one of those i painted up of The Creature. I also did a Wolfman too. They are easy to assemble and loads of fun to paint up if ya got the time and are inspired.

20170826_122059.jpg

Attachments

• 20170826_122105.jpg
    20170826_122105.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 43
Back