Carbon Freezing Chamber Diorama, the most requested diorama this year!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
<font color="#444444"><span style="font-family: &quot">

The first of the dioramas that is designed after it won the vote on this forum. The Carbon Freezing Chamber is part of the pivotal scenes at the end of Empire Strikes Back so I want to do it justice by designing serveral variations of this in 1/6 Scale for Ikea Detolf, Ikea Besta and even larger. Preorders are open now! Just contact me at [email protected]

We expect to offer (at least):
-A metal, light up floor
-(part of) The Claw for larger dioramas
-A back ground graphic

-a separate diorama of the stairs for the Luke Vader Battle!

Here are some pictures of the prototyping in progress. First off, HOLY CRAP! over 17 inches of solid aluminum claw as the master Proto type for the ultimate edition carbon freezing chamber. You cannot believe how much of a beast this is until you see and handle it in person.

Just to be clear, the production version could never be solid aluminum because of the price and incredible weight but we needed something to try out our prototype ideas with.

Below you see some sketches and a floor prototype.

NOTHING IS FINAL YET. JUST PLAYING AROUND TO SEE WHAT IS WORKABLE AND LOOKS GOOD

2017-10-07-PHOTO-00002120.jpg
FullSizeRender-11.jpg

19576913_1342206752493877_1760728707_o.jpg
2017-10-07-PHOTO-00002122.jpg

Jazz,
is it possible to post the models for all the kits? As always, I’m looking to see what the ultimate set brings. Thx

Thanks bro. That a solid billet claw??? Dude your collection is gonna be more awesomer than GL!!! Fantastic!

Will the steps be there own diorama? I'm interested in the steps+background , but not sure about the freezing chamber

Will the steps be there own diorama? I'm interested in the steps+background , but not sure about the freezing chamber

Yeah, I think I'd prefer half of the circular deck and some stairs behind it (almost as if you cut the Carbon Freeze set in half.) The stairs are such a big part of the look for the deck part and overall dio.

As requested we are working on making the claw articulated and we have the first rough metal test frame for the truscale freezing chamber.

Something went wrong with the engravings in the floor, so they went through and through, and we are still testing materials for the proper orange color to go underneath the metal floor, so this is just a very rough first draft.

b113f37f10a2eb7190feb752afbfe8c1.heic

9c2b1fd88d3dfd9964e62b3dfbc5c13d.heic

Still promising even in the early stages. Crossing fingers you get to solve current issues without too much trouble.

Joost will this diorama base/background be available in this scale but without the claw? Was thinking it'd look great for a Luke/ Vader scene.

Joost will this diorama base/background be available in this scale but without the claw? Was thinking it'd look great for a Luke/ Vader scene.

Yes, this could be available without claw no problem

Back