Do you buy things from China & Hong Kong?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've bought things from many sellers from different countries. but 1 thing i notice is sellers from China & Hong Kong both generally do a really bad job on their packing.

Hong Kong sellers are generally 50/50 when it comes to proper packing, but I find the packing done by Chinese sellers really a new level.

They would just toss the item box into a plastic wrapper and that's it. if they felt generous, they would add a piece of bubblewrap before putting in the plastic wrapper. White this may work with things that have durable shipper box, it does work on normal packaging box that aren't designed to be shipped alone.

while we understand Free things aren't good, a small box ain't gonna add much more cost & weight on it. i find they are just lazy or understaffed to do proper packing. as i know a proper packing would take at least 5 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes for fragile & expensive stuffs.

to them, they don't really care much. seems they rather do a refund than pay more attention on their packing for their own sake.

Hong Kong sellers do use cardbox but usually they skimp on the board so much it's like fitting the item into a tight pair of pants and usually ends up dented.

i still find Japanese & korean sellers the best when it comes to packing their items and i understand it can be costly to acquire a decent box in Europe.

I just agree, China handling just really bad in general. Sometimes they just put a stuff inside bad looking brown envelope and call it a day. But seems depends with store, e2046 is top notch so does KGHobby. Can't say same with any seller on aliexpress and ebay.

I just agree, China handling just really bad in general. Sometimes they just put a stuff inside bad looking brown envelope and call it a day. But seems depends with store, e2046 is top notch so does KGHobby. Can't say same with any seller on aliexpress and ebay.

not much worse other than opening the package just to find pieces of broken glasses. just glad it did not fall out all over the place.

i wonder where's the common sense.

Online shops are generally ok but still they tend to use boxes that aren't big enough. whatever dents on the outside goes to the inside.

Back