Favorite Alien comic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Reaction score
What's your top 5 of Aliens comics?

(in no particular order, although Defiance is the weakest of my top 5 by far)
1. Labyrinth
2. Salvation
3. Sacrifice
4. Alchemy
5. Defiance

First off, I look for a great story, and I think each of my top 5 have great stories, but then it has to have great art to enhance the story, and what I like about these 5 is that each has fantastic art in very different styles. And the reason why Defiance is a distant 5 is because they changed the artist halfway through, and the the quality just wasn't the same.

That is also why I don't have the original Aliens sequels in my top five, I find Mark Nelson's art atrocious, and it just takes me out of an already convoluted story by Verheiden.

1. Book 2
2. Tribes
3. Rogue
4. Labyrinth
5. Genocide

Not saying the Alien stories now are bad, it just doesn't have the same appeal as the 90's. The Defiance story was great, but as you mentioned when they switched artists it was sorta off-putting. Beauvais, Dorman, and Plunkett will forever be the best Alien artists. :rock

1. Book 2
2. Tribes
3. Rogue
4. Labyrinth
5. Genocide

Not saying the Alien stories now are bad, it just doesn't have the same appeal as the 90's. The Defiance story was great, but as you mentioned when they switched artists it was sorta off-putting. Beauvais, Dorman, and Plunkett will forever be the best Alien artists. :rock

Does the current comicverse really mesh with the movieverse?

Anyone caught the first issue of William Gibson's Alien 3? Thoughts?

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3002-524/William-Gibsons-Alien-3-1

It's interesting to see what might have been (though I'm in the minority that didn't have a problem with Alien³)

3002524.jpg

haven't read many alien books, but i couldn't agree more on your top two picks. i stumbled upon labyrinth as a kid and the horror of it affected me then and has always stuck with me. the art in it has honestly ruined all other illustrated depictions of the aliens - it's great art as it is, but the marriage between the story and art is one of those rare combinations that is a perfect marriage. i'm also a big mignola fan, and strangely enough, feel the same way about hellboy - without mignola illustrating, it just doesn't feel right.

Dead orbit was cool. Liked defiance as well. The fire and stone series was pretty innovative with the whole Prometheus thing.
Sorry I don’t have a top 5.

Back