who is going to buy Hulkbuster - Hot Toys - Kind of undecided....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eljay360

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Who is going to buy this one? I am curious if he will jump in value immediately, or just sit on shelves forever and never go up. Stuff like the Tumblr and other giant Hot Toys dont seem to move as easy and take up tons of space. Just trying to see how hot this guy is going to be.

Nice man. This would be giant for me, but I do have a diorama big enough to hold him that I built just for him. But now that its here, the price tag is stressing me out lol. I wanted it for so long though. If I do get it, just hoping it will hold its value. Some buddies actually think its going to go up in value right away. Just curious what all you guys think.

Giant Dio Pic.jpg

I actually built all this with Hulkbuster in mind. But now thats it time to pony up $850, I am tripping on it a bit lol.

Pass......my $800 is going to Blitzway Ghostbusters which I find iconic characters versus a cool but far from iconic version of IM.

Easy purchase for me. If you’re looking for an investment, pass. I don’t see the HulkBuster skyrocketing in price. But if you’re a fan of collecting Marvel figures and/or Iron Man figures, this piece is a must own.

Aha, not that I was going to spend that much on a Hot Toy anyway (my most expensive purchase honour goes to the quarter scale Mk 43), but I've spent pretty much the same amount of money the last two weeks on the new UCS Lego Millenium Falcon. A lot of similarities between the two in their respective hobbies. The largest and most expensive, and arguably most talked about example of a collectible of their type.

Somehow before long I'm going to have to find some cash for the Mark 6 Iron Man though..

i bough this, the tumbler, the deLorean. And will continue to buy any large item hot toys makes that i like. I never buy for hope that one day it will be worth more then i bought it for, i know if ever sell all my collection i will take a hit on every single figure.

I'm with some of the others. Don't buy it if you are doing so hoping its holds its value. While it could go up, or hold its retail value, most ( if not all ) other larger Hot Toys do not. The bat kinda does. I've seen it sell for a little less than retail to a little more than retail. Igor, Monger, not so much. I'm sure there are other examples.

I personally have every armor made and I haven't ordered this because of the price tag. I just couldn't justify it. FORTUNATELY, I have accumulated $400 worth of rewards points. So now I am considering getting it for the $400+ difference

This is a tough one for me. I had planned on using rewards points for this, but decided to pass ultimately and there are a few reasons.

1. Price. I was expecting this to be over $600 for sure, but $800 plus shipping?
2. Space. Where would I put this?
3. QA, if this thing breaks, or the lights don't work, I would be fuming.
4. Likely to be reissued later (see batpod, tumbler).

However, if this thing really does sit around and I find someone unloading it for $700, I probably would pull the trigger.

Back