DC Designer Series Batman Statue By Mike Mignola

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaosCursed

Freaked Out
Reaction score
dc-designer-series-batman-mike-mignola-dc-collectibles-1.jpg

I just pre-ordered this from Entertainment Earth. While I really think that this one will come out just fine I wish they would produce something completely new.

I may be one of the few who's okay with the idea of having some old sculpts from smaller-scaled statue lines being remade for this line (or vice-versa, like the Kubert DKIII Batman which now has a 7" version). I don't usually like straight-up re-releases or color/little tweak variants within the same scale, but this is a different story. My only nitpick on this Mignola 12" version is that the cowl, trunks, cape, gauntlets and boots might have been better if painted black.

I'm actually waiting on DC Collectibles to have the Adam Hughes Catwoman from the Cover Girls line remade for this 1:6 Designer Series.

I would love to see the Bermejo B&W statue for this line, but with a different pose. Maybe pointing a pistol or two out. What do you guys think?

I just ordered this Mignola 1:6 Batman as well even though I think it is looks hideous (but in a very cool way). I had skipped out on the two B&W Mignola pieces as the scale was just too small for me (I have the Batgirl B&W and didn't realize they weren't 1:6 until I received it) but I need to see this cool paint job in person; having it in colour and at a larger scale is a bonus.

Personally, I would love the running Neal Adams statue to be made full sized and painted. That and the Aparo statue are the best representations of the Bronze Age to me.

Maybe it’s too ambitious, but I’d like to see them do a full size version of Infantino’s classic Batman cover in 1/6th:

latest.jpg

Back