1/6 Chances of Hot Toys Darth Maul?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svnmelter

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I sure would like to have a 1/6 scale Darth Maul in my collection. I'm thinking about caving on the Sideshow one but with Anakin Skywalker having been revealed by Hot Toys, I don't see Maul being too far off in the future... does anyone with a strong sense of reason want to talk me out of spending $240 (plus shipping) on the Sideshow Maul with a blank neutral expression and crappy base?

Inevitable, plus it will have the cloak. On the deluxe probably lol

Yeah, Anakin is just the first prequel figures from HT. Be patient for Maul, he will come.

It's Dooku I'm unsure about - I'd love a HT Christopher Lee!

I just want ROTS Obi-Wan and Sheev. Qui-Gon paired with Maul would be cool.

I’m like you, there are several SSC figures I’ve debated on getting since HT has not made them yet, but every time I read a review here and change my mind. With HT releasing Anakin, I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before they are going to release Darth Maul.

Last edited:
That extra Dooku LS that come with Anakin might be a hint.

This is my hope as well. I really need to replace my Hasbro Dooku.. it's honestly a travesty the Hasbro is the only 1/6 scale Dooku that's been made. I think HT will eventually get to PT staples like Mace, Maul, Sidious, Dooku, Kenobi, and Qui-Gon now that they're almost done with OT. I can't wait.

I've learned to just let the overpriced sideshow releases pass by. Unless you absolutely need Maul in your collection right now, be patient.

Sometime in the next ten years...

After Obi, Padme and Jar Jar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my hope as well. I really need to replace my Hasbro Dooku.. it's honestly a travesty the Hasbro is the only 1/6 scale Dooku that's been made. I think HT will eventually get to PT staples like Mace, Maul, Sidious, Dooku, Kenobi, and Qui-Gon now that they're almost done with OT. I can't wait.

I've learned to just let the overpriced sideshow releases pass by. Unless you absolutely need Maul in your collection right now, be patient.

ARE they almost done with the OT though? Depends on how deeply they want to get involved, look how many old school action figures the OT spawned back in the day, we could eventually be looking at an HT Jabba, rebel troops, Lando, Ackbar, the bounty hunters, ewoks (gag!) and so on.

I sure would like to have a 1/6 scale Darth Maul in my collection. I'm thinking about caving on the Sideshow one but with Anakin Skywalker having been revealed by Hot Toys, I don't see Maul being too far off in the future... does anyone with a strong sense of reason want to talk me out of spending $240 (plus shipping) on the Sideshow Maul with a blank neutral expression and crappy base?

Implying the Hot Toys Darth Maul won't also have a neutral expression and a crappy base.

At last they will reveal Darth Maul to the collectors
At last we will have Darth Maul Hot Toy

It looks like I disagree with almost every single person on here.

I'd say those odds are not likely. Maybe within the next 8 years or so... but that's a maybe.

They have a ton of new trilogy and side figures to do and a lot of core and lesser core OT to do.

I'd say padme is the only other safe bet you will see. Maybe yoda.

I only say this because Howard chan has openly expresssed interest in doing anakin speicificically and also mentioned padme,

He's been trying to do anakin since the literal second Star Wars figure back after DX07... the prequels are not popular... but I'm sure they will still sell.

Me personally I love my mail but wish he had the robe. Anakin is coming and then I'd only want obi wan ep3, qui gon, padme ep2, amidalla ep1, mace, dooku, palpatine ep3.

But I'd really love all of them

I don't think so either. If for nothing else than SSC has already made him and has him sitting in their warehouse. Since SSC is their US distributor, and the US is a pretty big market, I'm sure they have some talks of 'we'll do this, you do that' for some items. I don't think it's a coincidence that HT didn't do OT versions of the droids.

I don't think so either. If for nothing else than SSC has already made him and has him sitting in their warehouse. Since SSC is their US distributor, and the US is a pretty big market, I'm sure they have some talks of 'we'll do this, you do that' for some items. I don't think it's a coincidence that HT didn't do OT versions of the droids.

that logic doesn't track, since Sideshow has already done Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Boba Fett and Darth Vader and Hot Toys has already made those. I'd expect to see a HT Maul within the next couple of years.

No I agree with him he makes a valid point.

The point is that maul is not selling.

But the issue is not maul's popularity we all know it's because of the price of the sideshow figure and the fsct that he's missing key parts of his wardrobe and accessories.

Sideshow just doesn't realize that the collecting community is too smart to realize that a sideshow is not worth the price of a hot toys.

That being said, I'd say joint tightness issues aside maul is every bit as good as a hot toy and if he has the robe the only thing not justifying the price is that he had a sideshow sticker on the box.

Which would make you kind of feel bad for sideshow if they didn't go and release their regular scheduled program of absolute garbage looking figures like snowspeeder Luke immediately after.

Back