Protecting Your Action Figures from Natural Disasters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
With the recent hurricanes like Irma & Harvey along with the earthquakes in Mexico, it got us thinking about ways collectors can protect their action figures. Obviously the safety of your family & home comes first but if you have enough time, you should still try to protect your action figures. Here are some tips we have to help you prepare your collection for natural disasters. Check Out The Article HERE: We Would Also Love to Hear More Tips You Might Have!

protect-your-collectibles-from-natural-disasters.jpg

Yeah that's what I thought, isn't parts of the mid west known as tornado alley.

I live in England, so no earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados etc. I guess you can never rule out an asteroid hit though.

I have family in Texas and South Dakota, tornadoes can and will occur in every state in between and around occasionally.

With this many hurricanes this year so far, I hope the Midwest doesn't experience the same. I'll still take earthquakes anyday over funnels.

Yeah that's what I thought, isn't parts of the mid west known as tornado alley.

I live in England, so no earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados etc. I guess you can never rule out an asteroid hit though.

are housing prices there cheaper compared to other less tornado areas? might be a good place to build a fortress cheap.

For what some people are paying for an apartment in say NY, here that would buy you a huge house with land

so any folks there built a bunker ontop of their houses?

I'm guessing the bunker needs to be deep and the top has to have strong support in case the house on top collapse.

Step one... Protect family....

Step two....re read step one.

Insurance is your answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are many areas in the world that aren't at risk of forest fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, and other natural disasters. I remember living on the coast and seeing people boarding up and evacuating during a potential hurricane. I thought it couldn't be that bad. But then I researched past disasters and yes I got why they were afraid. But at that moment I concluded that even if you love the area you live in. Do you really want to just take your family and abandon your home leaving your collection if disaster arrives? I think not.

What I would do if I wanted to live in a disaster prone area is have it be a second home. Have your figures, comics, comic art, etc. away from those areas. After all, the best way to protect something is not to put it at risk.

Back