Wind River

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a chance to see this tonight... IMO this was easily the best film of the year. Great performances, great script, excellent cinematography, great directing, just about everything was great.

It's a downer film and not an easy watch but it was a film I did not want to end. I just loved the look, feel, story, and characters.

Jeremy Renner should get his second Oscar Nomination IMO.

I was going to see this but I'll watch it at home sometime. I don't care for "downer" movies at the theater.

I was going to see this but I'll watch it at home sometime. I don't care for "downer" movies at the theater.

I usually avoid them at all cost.. Even on video... But I like the directors other work and the reviews have been great plus I like the cast so I gave it a try. Glad I did.

It really depends on what you consider downer. I really didn't find this to be a downer film, it was fantastic and the ending was great. It packs a bit of a punch but coming from the same writer as Sicario and Hell or High Water I think that was expected. This film is actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I agree with Jaws on this, it's one of the years best.

Just watched this again last night... Yep... Easily the best film of the year. Do yourself a favor if you have not seen this yet and check it out.

Shocked Renner hasn't seen award nominations for this.

I'm not, he was good but not awards good. This film was amazing but it's not an awards friendly film, of the films that Sheriden has written the only one that got serious award recognition was Hell or High Water, I can't remember if Sicario was nominated for best picture at any ceremonies but I don't think it was. And with Wind River thought as the weakest of the three films I wouldn't get your hopes up for any consideration for this one.

I'm not, he was good but not awards good. This film was amazing but it's not an awards friendly film, of the films that Sheriden has written the only one that got serious award recognition was Hell or High Water, I can't remember if Sicario was nominated for best picture at any ceremonies but I don't think it was. And with Wind River thought as the weakest of the three films I wouldn't get your hopes up for any consideration for this one.

Released by Weinstein's company also.. That's not going to help.

Shocked Renner hasn't seen award nominations for this.

No huge over the top moments that seem to help get actors nominated.. He played this all too realistically :lol

Yep I had this film in my Top 4 for the year.

I was wondering how much I would like it with my 2nd viewing. I knew I would like it. I did not expect to like it as much or even a little better.. I thought maybe I would find it a bit slow.. But nope. Its perfectly paced and wonderfully made. Just love the look and feel of this film.

Great movie, watched thi on flyer while traveling. Love when you see a movie that is great with no expectations.

If it only had Porgs in it...

Back