John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum - May 17, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: John Wick: Chapter Three - May 17, 2019

I am so stoked for this. The first two films are among my favorite action flicks. Kolstad, the writer for the first two films is returning to pen the script.

Bring it. They can release one of these a year until Reeves can't do them anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Freaking excellent

Not gonna lie, when I saw this headline earlier today, I shouted "Baba yaga" out loud.:lol These are some of the best, straight-up action movies in recent years, and the world building and character development with the supporting cast and the Continental and everything else just elevates it.

Sweet. Love the first two.

Love the first film.. second one not that excited though, but still hype :)

Bring it. They can release one of these a year until Reeves can't do them anymore as far as I'm concerned.

No, they need to quit while they are ahead - Just look at the Bourne franchise, you had 3 great movies and a sold Trilogy, not an easy achievement. Then you had a decent movie in bourne legacy, IF if hadn't been labelled as Bourne, and a unnecessary official follow up in Jason Bourne which was dire due to how utterly unnecessary it was.

John Wick has been excellent so far, however by the end of John Wick two it was starting to feel a bit repetitive and (in my mind) in dire need of a 'conclusion'.

Now yes you could argue that given the nature of the protagonist's 'job' or expertise, there will always be another Mark, or another up and coming hitman/woman looking to prove themselves by taking on the best of the best, but for me stopping at the right point and leaving an audience wanting more is a difficult skill and something you don't see much of these days. Given how refreshing JW has been, it would be cool if they just stopped at JW III and left the world with a fantastic modern revenge troilgy fans can enjoy for years to come, without taking to talk about JW 4, the movie no body really needed but was done, because reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy we are getting what I hope will be the final movie and culmination of 1&2, but for it to go 4,5 6 movies - No, just no.

:lol Then I guess you're not happy about the tv show they have planned. I like the world they built with John Wick so I'm looking forward to whatever they do with it. The only thing that disappointed me with the second film was that Ruby Rose may as well not been in it. I was hoping she'd be more of a bad ass.

:lol Then I guess you're not happy about the tv show they have planned. I like the world they built with John Wick so I'm looking forward to whatever they do with it. The only thing that disappointed me with the second film was that Ruby Rose may as well not been in it. I was hoping she'd be more of a bad ass.

Agreed! Fortunately the story held the movie as did Keanu but yeah she might as well been one of the extra grunts despatched in the blink of an eye given how the 'final show down' was that 1 sided. I wish Lance Reddick played more of a role, Ex Htman turned Hotel clerk :D
- Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn recently and was happy he did the voice for Sylens

Speaking of TV, I loved Fringe and he was great in also that. :lecture :lol
- Outside of GOT I don't watch TV anymore, can't bring myself to commit to shows like I used to so I'll treat it much like the Marvel TV universe (with the exception of Punisher - because :rock DD and JJ) and pretend it doesn't exist hah! :lol

No, they need to quit while they are ahead - Just look at the Bourne franchise, you had 3 great movies and a sold Trilogy, not an easy achievement. Then you had a decent movie in bourne legacy, IF if hadn't been labelled as Bourne, and a unnecessary official follow up in Jason Bourne which was dire due to how utterly unnecessary it was.

John Wick has been excellent so far, however by the end of John Wick two it was starting to feel a bit repetitive and (in my mind) in dire need of a 'conclusion'.

Now yes you could argue that given the nature of the protagonist's 'job' or expertise, there will always be another Mark, or another up and coming hitman/woman looking to prove themselves by taking on the best of the best, but for me stopping at the right point and leaving an audience wanting more is a difficult skill and something you don't see much of these days. Given how refreshing JW has been, it would be cool if they just stopped at JW III and left the world with a fantastic modern revenge troilgy fans can enjoy for years to come, without taking to talk about JW 4, the movie no body really needed but was done, because reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy we are getting what I hope will be the final movie and culmination of 1&2, but for it to go 4,5 6 movies - No, just no.

Yeah, the series does need to end. If that cap the story of Wick with the third chapter, that will be a major win. Ending on a high note after solid entries is rare craft of cinema these days. JW is the best action cinema in quite some time, and I want to see it end on a high note. I hope Reeves and Stahelski feel the same way.

I hope that the upcoming TV series will exist on its own within the world of John Wick. But lets John Wick stay as he should... in the shadows. The movies are his turf.

5 minutes of JW > TLJ

I hope that the upcoming TV series will exist on its own within the world of John Wick. But lets John Wick stay as he should... in the shadows. The movies are his turf.

:goodpost: I agree. I will be keeping an eye on the TV show's development and I suppose the first trailer is going to give a good indication of what to expect.
- Hopefully it does not tarnish the movies.

john-wick-prequel-tv-series.gif

Back