My Throne room in Process.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
e369207b75f0e2a1853978739647730d.jpg

I was finally able to start this. Struggled with what I wanted as far as drawers cabinet doors and so on, but finally able to get through the wants and needs and build the damn thing. [emoji23]

So here it is. I plan to add more to the top half, even above the [emoji342] later on. Want to really just finish the base for now. Little time with work going on..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: My Thrown room in Process.

Yeah it would let me do it from tapatalk. Was finally able to get to the computer and do it from there though. Lol.

Thanks man.

Kreg pocketholes? I hate poketholes.

Seriously though, it's a nice start. Do you plan to stain anything? Anything with glass?

Kreg pocketholes? I hate poketholes.

Seriously though, it's a nice start. Do you plan to stain anything? Anything with glass?

Lol.

Pocket holes aren’t bad if you place them where they’re not gonna be seen.
Im trying to get this done as quick and easy as possible and the kreg tool is getting me there with out have to spend more time than I can.

I’m doing a walnut glue up for the tops of the tall cabinets. I don’t plan on staining tops or the maple ply or face frames. Just gonna oil them and varnish the whole thing. Natural.

The walnut tops should give it nice contrast. Something different.

Tops are gonna be expensive..$200ish

Not sure if I want a mantle up by the tv or extend the middle with another thinner box. My life size bust are going there so maybe just a cool walnut mantle or something

I have drawers and doors to make as well.

Also [emoji848] electric fire place.

Last edited:
3f85c47fd18a1f4b92f9046e9f7b1f2b.jpg
4454f78d643cffa643115ba3f466e133.jpg
08ee5b8a635271e0d82375589b7c1288.jpg

Oil and varnished tops. Installing a mantle too.

Now got to do the face frames and insides of all the cabinets and then screw everything together.

Wife already wants me to add on to the top of the cabinets, up the sides of the tv and above it...[emoji30]

Not a lot of time for my own projects. [emoji51]

Diy is so much better because you can customize to your liking, theoretically.
I plan on building a lot of my own displays, but my collection is still young/small. Have to wait for more Statues to come in before Id start anything.

PO'd: Avengers assemble Thor & Hulk, SSC Spider-Gwen, SSC Baby Groot, SSC Thanos CE, XM Hulkbuster, XM Spider-Man, XM Beta Ray Bill, Salt and Pepper Statues Scarlet Spider

Diy is so much better because you can customize to your liking, theoretically.
I plan on building a lot of my own displays, but my collection is still young/small. Have to wait for more Statues to come in before Id start anything.

PO'd: Avengers assemble Thor & Hulk, SSC Spider-Gwen, SSC Baby Groot, SSC Thanos CE, XM Hulkbuster, XM Spider-Man, XM Beta Ray Bill, Salt and Pepper Statues Scarlet Spider

Yeah, better materials, high quality if you want and it will still be cheaper than buying from a store. I love doing this and it saves me a lot of money. I spent almost nothing on this project. Seriously.

My collection is small too. Which is why didn’t go up the sides of the tv yet. [emoji51]

You can do a lot of simple builds to minimize time and lack of knowledge and creativity and still have it come out nice.

There are guys that I know that can smoke me in the furniture building department. [emoji23][emoji30] but I do well enough I think. [emoji848]

You are doing great stuff. Keep up the good work

Back