Custom Marvel Superheroes (and actors)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dursocapjr78

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been a long time collector of Hot Toys. Their 1/6 scale Movie Masterpeice 1/6 collectable figures are the most phenomenal action figures I've ever seen or owned in my entire life (at 43). The hard work and precision to the costumes to the HEAD SCULPTS (OMG) to the accessories to the boxes etc...... are only a few examples of why I love HTs as much as I do. They have created a "toy"/collectable/figure that surpasses anything that's come before it. Hot Toys products are state-of-the-art. I also however, love to make my own figures (customize). Customizing a figure or making a ONE-OF-A-KIND Figure allows me express myself through the art of figure making. It creates a deeper emotional connection between myself and my figures. So I've spent the last year bashing (like several others do) Hot Toys head sculpts with Phicen/Tbl bodies. Like HTs, Phicen/TBL is also the current leader in world of 1/6 scale seamless bodies. Nothing fancy or extraordinary here, they're just simple customs. But the following are pics of the Marvel characters I've bashed since the beginning of 2016 that have brought me many hours of fun and provided me with great satisfaction. Enjoy. Feel free to discuss.

tmqZP7ipUdgn.jpggRlkZuxEGTVH.jpg James Franco played "The Green Goblin" in Spider-Man III. I loved him in these movies, always being torn between his emotions. He was probably (at least IMO) the best actor to grace these movies. Not much of a bash here. I put the HTs sculpt on a Phicen M33 and presto, instant Franco!!!! The skin tone match is perfect and he looks great wearing anything from suits to sweats.

3ipIMYhDOdEh.jpgJbAxVnAwWbTf.jpgVnmnWUEzKvSC.jpgwHsBLALHiu0B.jpg Scarlett Johansson, The Sexiest Woman Alive!!!! She is also one of the most talented actors to ever exist. From Broadway to Black Widow she is a real life super lady!!! This is the Avengers sculpt by HTS. I changed the hair so it looked more like her naturally. Put it on a Phicen S09C.

AVMNbkJtQfng.jpg2JOulUe5jUcP.jpgvdg71MkArFCl.jpgxfvViB9pb9TF.jpg Scarjo from the Winter Soldier. SJ looked amazing in this movie but I always thought the hair on the figure was too stiff. So I went for a darker color and longer length. To date, The Winter Soldier is however my favorite HTS sculpt of Johansson.

e5XnZM1vzQhO.jpgreoABJOlGypo.jpgbNEwXgf13jx7.jpgCO5sCBbD2oUd.jpg 0WoDzxGq6vc4.jpg Another Scarlett Johansson (because she's just that H-O-T-T HOTT!!!!) - sculpt from Age of Ultron, body is Phicen S06B. Everyone slammed the hair when AOU BW came out. But compared to other figures with rooted hair, it's actually one of the easiest rooted hair figures to work with. Sculpt is the same as Winter Soldier but with different paint(s). It is perfection perfected!!!!

1ziPIYhe8Y3e.jpgvHwCptndYQch.jpg What can I say about Elizabeth Olsen? She is an amazing actress, yes! She is super hot, yes! Scarlet Witch is the most powerful Avenger ever, YES! So I did the bash to make her stand taller; look a little more grown up. And this is also the first time I actually cared about (somewhat) recreating the costume from the movie. No it's not movie accurate but it's close enough for me and the sculpt works wonders on a more mature looking body (Phicen S09C).

Attachments

• SmQ3IIJOsyKr.jpg
    SmQ3IIJOsyKr.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 148
L92osYtlJscM.jpg For Hugh Jackman/Wolverine I did care about recreating a movie accurate costume. Be very clear about this: Those 1/6 scale suit sets (coat, shirt, tie, pants; shoes) you see on ebay (or wherever) don't fit easily onto a Phicen body. And the shoes WILL NOT FIT. I had to use hollow vintage G.I.Joe boots on him to bring it together. I used the tall; lean Phicen M31 for this bash. I literally had to wrap the figure in plastic wrap before the suit would slide on. But Wolverine is my favorite so it was worth it. And the head sculpt I used is the HTS Wolverine Samuri.

Attachments

• drDgabyamCwP.jpg
    drDgabyamCwP.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 187
Ok, thanks for the long wait while I uploaded all those pics from my phone. If you have any questions please ask. I'm new(ish) to this forum. You guys seam very cool!!!! I'm not sure if there is a more appropriate place to share Marvel custom Superhero figures (for example, there is a specific section for customized DC figures). If there's not, anyone is welcome to share your 1/6 scale Marvel custom figures via this thread. Folks who customize their Hot Toys please step up!!!! Thanks.

attachment.php

Jason Bateman IS Wolverine!

You're right. He kind of does look like J. Bateman!!!! But I still love it. Wolverine is my favorite Sup. And in all fairness to HTs, Hollywood has a tendency to make a person from this generation into a "star" because he or she looks like someone from a previous generation who was the same sort of good looking & successful (because good looking helps sell Hollywood's products; especially a familiar "good looking"). I've always thought Scarlett Johansson looks a little like Pamela Sue Martin (first person to play Nancy Drew on the Hardy Boys in 1970's). But the similarities in these folks facial features makes it even cooler for kitbasher's because with just a tweak here and there you have a completely new and authentic figure.

Lol. It's the nature of the Phicen figures. Fully clothed-you can see "this" on the guys and "that" on the girls. All PG-13 here though fellas!!!! Let's keep it classy.

You tell folks to "keep it classy", and the very next pic is a close up of
some breasts almost completely out of the figures top. I don't mind it,
just think it is ironic.

Back