1/6 scale Diana Prince (Hot Toys Wonder Woman) custom figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dursocapjr78

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone who can come up with some great ideas and custom versions of Wonder Woman's alter-ego is welcome to post here. Obviously the biggest challenge to making a custom from the Hot Toys Wonder Woman/Gal Gadot figure (and sculpt) is finding a way to work around the tiara. Below a few of my initial attempts. But again, everyone customizing a Diana Prince 1/6 figure is welcome to post.

sU2Dtv31vnc3.jpg0rXWj0Wcof2B.jpguqkAychIKKFA.jpg3Tf4E8kBZWZD.jpg Alright, my first serious attempt at a custom Diana figure had no intention of hiding the crown. It's "Diana of Themyscira". I remember from the comics, the Amazon warriors on Paradise Island were always dressed in white. And I went with a cape because in the movie, the Queen (Diana's mother who's name I can never remember how to spell) wore a cape. Capes are also a quintessential element to characters of the DCEU. Of course if Diana were ever to find her way home she would the be queen and wear the Cape. Also, my bad for posting pics of customs in the general thread. I'm new here. But I do appreciate the feedback received!!!! Lol.

Just for your knowledge: My preference for custom figures is (9 out of 10 times) via use of a Phicen seamless stainless steel skeleton figure. These might get a bit sticky to touch in between powders, but they're still IMO the most state of the art seamless figures available. I'm using an S09C and S06B for my Diana Prince customs. But for a good skin tone match you can also use S02A or S12D. The above mentioned 4 are unofficially known as having "HOT Toys suntan" skin. They are usually the best choice for making a bash with a HTS sculpt.

M2KWzRWUddNn.jpgmBQ3tBvh6LNf.jpg First attempt at a "modern Diana Prince" 1/6 scale figure. Again, since the only option we currently have to make WW's alter-ego with this sculpt is to hide the crown, each of my bashes will be wearing a hat (until HTs or a 3rd party company makes a tiara-free sculpt)!!!! I got tired of looking at the first bash so I threw this one together last night (with a Barbie hat "lol", a peice of fabric from a shirt, the black Cheongsam by Super Duck and (not pictured), MC toys heels. The MC toys make superior footwear for the female Phicen figures. With enough patience your figure can independently stand in the MC shoes.

Ok, so again anyone please feel free to post pics, share ideas, and feedback. Please stay friendly so this stays fun. Collecting and customizing toys is super-fun until someone feels the need to dump on another's hard work and efforts. Enjoy. I'm excited to see how creative we all can be with the latest addition to the Hot Toys family. Welcome Gal Gadot-get ready to be bashed!!!!

When I first got a hold of this head sculpt I was disappointed because I thought it was too big/over-sized et. I was comparing it to the sculpts HTs (and custom companies) made for Scarlett Johansson and Anne Hathaway, which are smaller-headed sculpts. But if you position it just right on the neck post (don't push it down too far), it actually is 100% spot on regarding size.

ZepZMI7WS5aN.jpgTxfKajTH4eyQ.jpglxngPwSeqZxD.jpg The lighting isn't great with these (apologies). I know Gadot wore a white dress in BVS, so I'm slowly working towards a movie related custom and the best way to make a hat fit with that theme (skull cap?).

Also remember these bashes are (currently) with the Gal Gadot custom Knock-off head sculpt based on the Hot Toys Wonder Woman 1/6 scale collectable figure.

BsvnIZ0zlU2v.jpg24jcaJdCXB92.jpg Getting closer! I found some coats and hats on ebay that resemble the coat/hat Gadot wore in the movie when she arrived in London. Unfortunately the one described as "grey" is actually more an olive green. But the tan still creates a similar look. Work in progress.

cMooDXR5D9u3.jpg The hardest part about using this head sculpt (or the Hot Toys BvS Wonder Woman sculpt) is finding the right hat, one that fits and works for whatever era or look you're going for and completely hides WW's Tiara. I've been playing around with hats I got parted out from other figures (and dolls) from eBay, and making my own. I kind of suck with sewing. After the looooooonnnnggggg wait for the figure, I don't have the patience to delay my custom for the wait associated with the Training Armor version (which will obviously be the best sculpt to use when making a Diana Prince 1/6 scale custom figure). Suggestions please!!!!!

Nice custom, but that is a Lynda Carter bust body, gal Gadot has smaller cups

I know but that's how I like it. Also I don't think Phicen/TBLeague make the smaller cup version in a matching skin tone. If anyone reading this can show photo evidence (no photo shopping/editing et) of a medium bust sized Phicen (maybe/hopefully Painkiller Jane?) that matches the tanned hue of a Hot Toys head sculpt please share-greatly appreciated.

MjrZfbHlokxt.jpgpFERHqFqwEg8.jpg Third (3rd) homemade skull cap. These aren't that difficult to make but you have to use a "test sculpt" (IMO) to get it right. They may look easy to create but it's tedious; precise work efforts . Ok, so I have a couple sets of trench coats and hats that resemble WW II clothing. To be "movie accurate", I'll have to dye the olive green set gray (if it works I'll post). And I have a couple of options for the rest of her 1940's clothing (also have a pair of nerdy "Clark Kent for Women" reading glasses). But I'm much more interested in making a modern version. I have to watch BvS again, even though there isn't much to work with from the movie. As a fan of the movies and the toys, I'm very much looking forward to Justice League. Remember, if anyone else does a DP custom please share a pic or a link to pic. Thanks. JD

Wbt1cVenwchV.jpgSjCush4Hx5C2.jpg The skull caps work for the look I'm going for while also serving as a functioning nessessity for this custom figure.

opqaLzShwkRr.jpg9yPZ1DKBSekU.jpgd6AhmDPrtgXU.jpg Current day: Diana Prince sits at a park bench in Washington DC quietly waiting for her moment to be Wonderful!!!! Lol. Custom with nerdy glasses. But looking at pics makes me like these glasses less. Where do you buy a pair of more realistic looking 1/6 scale reading glasses?

Back