Statue Sideshow Life-Size Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent72

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-sideshow-collectibles-400301/

I see this is now shipping so I was just wondering if anyone here plans on picking one up. The first release was a disaster, but apparently they have gone back to correct some of the problems on this go around. The one they had on display at Comic-Con looked pretty good, but it's still not 100% screen accurate. I'd be anxious to see how the new release compares to the old one so if someone here on the forum is going to drop the big bucks to get this piece please be sure to show us pics. :wink1:

I cannot fathom dropping that kind of money on this. I love it and think it looks pretty good, but it's about 4X overpriced, IMO

Yes, seeing as how their life size C-3PO was only $6,000, the increase of $2,500 more for this mostly fabric costume on a mannequin seems excessive.

Not sure someone would willingly announce that they dropped that kind of money on this overpriced statue.

I cannot fathom dropping that kind of money on this. I love it and think it looks pretty good, but it's about 4X overpriced, IMO

For a license collectible that is complex as Fett this isn't a bad price. You're looking at 7-8k for an accurate Fett and maybe cheaper if you know how to paint yourself. Then wait 4 years for everything to be completed.

For a license collectible that is complex as Fett this isn't a bad price. You're looking at 7-8k for an accurate Fett and maybe cheaper if you know how to paint yourself. Then wait 4 years for everything to be completed.

Exactly. We all know it's a lot of money for this statue and it's probably overpriced, but if you've ever tried to build an accurate Fett you will quickly find that it can easily add up to $8-9k by the time you're done.

Exactly. We all know it's a lot of money for this statue and it's probably overpriced, but if you've ever tried to build an accurate Fett you will quickly find that it can easily add up to $8-9k by the time you're done.

I can contest to that as being 100% accurate... :cuckoo:

I own the original and the only problem i had was that the neck was too long but it was the easiest fix as i just too out the pvc pipe that the helmet stood on and cut it an inch. It looked great after that. I also tucked some paper towels into the shoulders and arms to add a little bulk but that was It. I don't see them making any changes to it maybe just the neck, cause if they did the ones who got the original would be upset at the new changes, at least i know I would be.

bf53387acd50adda5fb9cd2a7f01c540.jpg
7cd5a436636998a2b137ccb25db9a65f.jpg

I ordered one of the first runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had the disposable income (to where I wanted to spend it) and was a big boba fan I would have zero problem doing it. People will keep bringing up how you can build the costume on your own but some people don't have the time and they want the officially licensed products so they can sell it without losing a bunch of money if need be.

I think it looks great.

Do you have pics of yours after the modifications?

Sure! Just took these. I will say as well that foot positioning has a lot to do with it as well. You have to swing both feet out as far as they will go for it to look natural. I do wish his left foot would swing out a tiny bit more. But i have to say, i do love this thing!!

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

It definitely looks better with the neck altered, but there's still something a little "off" about it to me. I think the helmet looks too small for the body and that's due in part to the fact that they didn't get the helmet shape quite right. I know it's a licensed piece and those are never going to be as good as a one off custom job, but for $8500 they needed to get it as screen accurate as possible. Here's the look they should have been able to replicate.

boba-fett-costume-for-jeremy-bulloch-lrg.png

Agreed, I’m gob on accuracy but not a stickler, again i love it. And it was worth every penny to me

Here are some photos of Fett v.02. Just got mine in and was hoping they would address some of the concerns. Looks like they have and I am pleased. Biggest issue I have is the legs from knees down being a little skimpy but I have since beefed it up by playing with the fabric. But overall MUCH closer to the prototype which sold me originally and a really nice piece I feel.

Attachments

• Fett 6.jpg
    Fett 6.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Fett 5.jpg
    Fett 5.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Fett 4.jpg
    Fett 4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Fett 3.jpg
    Fett 3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Fett 2.jpg
    Fett 2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Fett 1.jpg
    Fett 1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 281
It looks a tad better but that whole front shoulder area is what bugs me. Too much material there and the shoulder armor should be attached to the vest, not the actual jumpsuit. For that price, they really shouldn't have overlooked that part.

008.jpg

Back