Questions About Joining Facebook

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinkazama

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, folks.I've been thinking about joining Facebook, but I was hoping someone could please answer some questions for me, first.
A.When signing up, do you have to create a facebook page with info about yourself, photos, etc, or can you just sign up and post messages on other facebook pages?
B.When posting messages, can you use a made up user name[like here on the forum], or do you need to use your real name?
C.If I wanted to, could I cancel my facebook account?
D.Can someone hack your account, even if you don't have your own facebook page set up, and if your account is hacked, what do you do?
If anyone would be kind enough to please answer my questions, i'd greatly appreciate it.Thanks in advance!

A.When signing up, do you have to create a facebook page with info about yourself, photos, etc, or can you just sign up and post messages on other facebook pages?

Either one, you can set up a profile or just post and share, whatever you would like to do

B.When posting messages, can you use a made up user name[like here on the forum], or do you need to use your real name?

All reply's and posts will be posted under the name you set up your profile under. Facebook prefers people use their real names but you can make up one as long as it sounds legit.

yes, you can even put it on hold so you dont lose anything you posted!

D.Can someone hack your account, even if you don't have your own facebook page set up, and if your account is hacked, what do you do?

It happens, just change your password. If you dont have a page setup then, no they wouldnt have anything to hack!

Either one, you can set up a profile or just post and share, whatever you would like to do

All reply's and posts will be posted under the name you set up your profile under. Facebook prefers people use their real names but you can make up one as long as it sounds legit.

yes, you can even put it on hold so you dont lose anything you posted!

It happens, just change your password. If you dont have a page setup then, no they wouldnt have anything to hack!
Thankyou so much for the info kheas, I GREATLY appreciate it! I just have a couple of other questions for you if you don't mind, which are=
A.Regarding what I asked about getting hacked, if I just signed up to post messages on other facebook pages[with my name, date of birth, password, etc], and didn't create a facebook page with personal info[photos, etc], can someone still hack the account I created?
B.I read that if someone hacks your account, your email address can change.Is this true, and if so, is it only for your facebook account, or will it change your email address entirely?[i.e it won't even work for gmail, etc].Thanks in advance![again] :)

I just have another question to ask, which is, how do I hide my entire profile of information from people that I don't want to see it?[my real name, email address, etc.].Also, Trash Panda, what's the easiest way to make my password difficult to crack?

Hey Darth Snoopy, If you decide to permanently cancel your facebook account, can you reactivate it within a certain time period?[As I read if you do permanently deactivate it, and type in your info to try to log back in again, you'll be asked to type in a 6 digit security code, where as I only received a 5 digit number].

Back