Unlicensed figures promoted on this forum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wanted to comment about the deleted threads as I'm sure there will be questions.

We've had complaints from the studios and from licensees about unauthorized/unlicensed product that is being discussed on this forum. There is a policy about it, but we haven't enforced it as much as we should have. So going forward threads about bootleg figures will not be allowed.

Please don't post them as they will be deleted.

Thanks.

Dear Darklord Dave, I have 2 questions

1. What about posts that promotes bootleg products 'inside' licensed thread?
2. What about thread about product that's non-US property and there is no proper licensee in US (yet)?

We've had complaints from the studios and from licensees about unauthorized/unlicensed product that is being discussed on this forum.
But is there any kind of law that would get an internet forum in any kind of trouble for discussions about unlicensed mass production? We're not makin' them and not promoting them... So, I think everyone would like to know why this is a thing. :)

What about posts that promotes bootleg products 'inside' licensed thread?
We do not promote anything.
We're not a news site or blog.
We share information that is already online with other board members and talk about it.

Is this going to be enforced uniformly for the various creators selling runs of custom unlicensed figures through this forum?

Dear Darklord Dave, I have 2 questions

1. What about posts that promotes bootleg products 'inside' licensed thread?
2. What about thread about product that's non-US property and there is no proper licensee in US (yet)?

1. The individual post, rather than the entire thread will be deleted.
2. It depends on the property. Marvel/DC/Star Wars are of the most concern to the studios/licensees, but I've gotten complaints about other properties as well.

What about customs?

If you want to show your one-off custom, that's fine. But if you're mass producing it for sale - it's not fine.

But is there any kind of law that would get an internet forum in any kind of trouble for discussions about unlicensed mass production? We're not makin' them and not promoting them... So, I think everyone would like to know why this is a thing. :)

We do not promote anything.
We share information that is already online with other board members here.

Any kind of "discussion" of a product is technically "promoting" said product. And yes, there is a law. If a take-down request is ignored this forum is just as liable and as culpable as the actual company that produces the unlicensed product.

Is this going to be enforced uniformly for the various creators selling runs of custom unlicensed figures through this forum?

It will be uniformly enforced for any product that infringes on a license held by a legitimate manufacturer.

What about customs?

If you want to show your one-off custom, that's fine. But if you're mass producing it for sale - it's not fine.

I guess we wont be seeing any more interest threads for custom heads and parts anymore.

Sideshow Freaks 2005-2017 RIP

Good, the whining about recasts when it wasn't licensed to begin with are over.

Parts are parts tho, I don't think they're the problem. Full figures are.

So what's telling you a guy selling a hand part isn't selling a perfect replica of my own licensed hand? Uh? I know my hand when I see it. Seen it before on that board! It even had five pudgy lil' fingers!

...got to sue that board! I need royalties for my fingers!

Time to necropost in that "Why is SSF given such a bad rep" thread. :lol

Last edited:
No more customs ?????? I'm going to jump into a hurricane and kill myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It hasn't been enforced as much as it should have been before?

... Damn, you could have fooled me...:horse

I mean, we have a pretty large Kaecilius thread going on right now. Can't imagine Marvel would be to happy about that.

Dave...it's your site...your rules. I just want to say however, legally there is a fine line between providing a public forum for conversation and actually promoting them and I doubt Disney's attorney could actually sue you for maintaining the site with free speech. That being said...i can also imagine if you dont want to deal with the hassle of fighting it out with attorneys.

So no more Interest threads? Like that miami vice set- thats banned now?

How about items, rather than figures- like that hogan wcw belt?

Animals- max's dog? Or jon's dire wolf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back